Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Jigsaw

Hostel: Part III (2011)

Seen this before some years ago. Still absolute trash.

Chucky

I saw Orphan: First Kill in theatre last week. Actually pretty good. Just when you think they're re-hashing the same type of movie, it adds a nice twist halfway through. Somewhere around 7-8 / 10.

Jigsaw

Never actually seen the first Orphan movie (having heard the twist beforehand, it's just not been high on my priority list), I'm happy that the sequel seems to at least be decent also. Heard generally the same thing on Twitter.

Jigsaw

Watched some classics in recent times.

The Washington County Disappearances (2022)
Night of the Axe (2022)
Hellraiser: Revelations (2011)
Firestarter: Rekindled (2002)
Night of the Scarecrow (1995)
13 Tracks to Frighten Agatha Black (2022)
Srpski film / A Serbian Film (2010)

Of the seven films, six were new watches (as I've seen Hellraiser: Revelations before).

The Washington County Disappoerances was rather awful found footage. Night of the Axe was a decently fun micro-budget slasher. Rekindled was an okay mini-series, though as a sequel to the 1984 movie, it was awful.

Night of the Scarecrow was a simple film, but had some charm to it. 13 Tracks to Frighten Agatha Black had potential, but it struck me as somewhat incoherent. Lastly, A Serbian Film was somewhat fucked up, but not quite as bad as I expected.

Chucky

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on July 12, 2023, 06:07:29 PMHellraiser: Revelations, lol.

Honestly, as poor as it is, I think a case could be made that Deader (the seventh film) is close to being as bad. I don't think it's worse, but the two might be on equal grounds.

Definitely, though, Revelations is the worst of the franchise, though I still need to see Judgment, and for all I know, that could be worse.

Chucky

I doubt Judgment will contend for worst. My wife really likes that one and I think it's pretty alright for what it is.

Jigsaw

I watched Judgment last night. Had some serious problems with it, but I did think that Revelations was worse.

Although, I think a good case could be made that Revelations was a better Hellraiser movie than Judgment, despite being a worse film overall.