Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

10 stack of quotes

Started by gorefan1428, February 18, 2013, 02:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

ok this has been going on and it may not be a problem or bother anyone else.

But, if you quote someone and they have quoted some one else you can get up to several stacks of quotes in one post.

is that something that can even be altered?

Quote from: L-Face on Today at 03:29:16 AM
Quote from: Daebo on Today at 03:26:37 AM
Quote from: L-Face on Today at 03:21:38 AM
Quote from: DeraiLer on February 15, 2013, 10:48:43 PM
I agree with DK. Why the hell is Michonne so popular? Maybe in the comics she is well written but on this show she is not. She has done nothing but sit and quietly sulk. I have no care for her whatsoever and am glad Rick is giving her shit. Tyrese has had more of an emotional impact and the fuckers only been on 2 episodes.
I think she's popular because, while everyone else has been struggling to survive in a group, she's survived just as long by herself. Ok, not entirely by herself, she did have two zombies on chains that were lacking arms and their lower mandibles. While on the subject of the chained zombies, am I the only one that finds it a tad bit racist that they had two black zombies in chains? 

I don't think it's racist, She probably knew them.
I know she knew them, but I'm more talking about the fact that the show/comic is by white people and they decide to have black zombies in ragged clothes on chains.

case in point

JasonzSon

That's not an error so much as a choice.  You can stack quotes, or if you don't want to include all of them, you can delete it.

gorefan1428

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 18, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
That's not an error so much as a choice.  You can stack quotes, or if you don't want to include all of them, you can delete it.

yeah but that can be a pain going through and deleting a ton of quotes and some times i find that i delete what i was trying to quote in the first place and have to start all over.

Like i said though it may just be me that it bugs.

Dorkus

Chucky

I can turn nested quotes off so you can only quote one post instead of multiple... yay?

JasonzSon

Can you set it to a certain amount?  We could leave with only one, but I think some conversations would be helped by nesting 3 deep or so.  Seeing as how most forums you can't... ultimately, I don't mind either way.

Chucky

There's definitely not an option to set a limit, there's only an option to have them or not have them. However, I'm not entirely sure if that means you can't use them or if it's just that by default when you click 'quote' it shows as a single quote rather than the nest of them all by default. You may possibly be able to manually quote more than one with it turned off but I would have to test it first.

Chucky

So.... should I turn off nested quotes? Or... people can just not let them get out of hand and not quote every single response?

Chucky

I'm just gonna close this since no one cares to respond.

Shadow

I would say get rid of this nesting. Personally, I go through and delete the stuff I don't want, but meh... just makes it a little easier, I guess.