Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Favorite Horror Movie

Started by gorefan1428, February 04, 2013, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Texas Chain Saw Massacre in your top ten? I ask because of your screen-name and the fact that I don't recall much about you (no offense meant).

L-Face

Nope, the name comes from generally being uncreative with screen names. As for not recalling much about me, that's because I'm not very memorable. Outside of being a mod and always being on attack mode, I was generally forgettable. There was also hosting the FE Radio podcast thingy, but who remembers that?

Jigsaw

Well, I do, but I don't think I ever called into ones you were hosting. I generally remember talking to Shadow and De, and sometimes Shape.

L-Face

I've been on a few with you. Accused you of being Sweedish on one. But I digress.....

The Thing (1982) Awesome movie, amirite? Another of my favorite horror films for sure. The fact that Rob Botin and the rest of the guys that were doing the special effects were pretty much high all the time while doing so makes them a bit more impressive than they already are. Whenever I get stoned, I have trouble drawing a circle, couldn't picture making awesome animatronics among other things.

Jigsaw

Oh, yeah, you were drunk then. I remember now. First time I came in contact with someone who was inebriated. :P

Ban me now, but I was never a giant fan of The Thing. I should probably re-watch it to make my final judgment, but I found it just average.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 04, 2013, 11:39:15 PM
Oh, yeah, you were drunk then. I remember now. First time I came in contact with someone who was inebriated. :P

Ban me now, but I was never a giant fan of The Thing. I should probably re-watch it to make my final judgment, but I found it just average.
When doing FE Radio, I was always either high or drunk.

As far as not liking the Thing, again, to each their own. Personally, I loved it. Not just for the phenomenal effects, but because of the tone. The idea was to feel isolated and untrustworthy of the entire cast of characters. I think Carpenter and the actors did a fantastic job in pulling that off.

Crash Dummie

Evil Dead 2 is one of those films that don't have a single dull moment in them.

Is it really horror? I don't know, but it's spooky and gory enough, and it's fun.

L-Face

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 04, 2013, 11:45:57 PM
Evil Dead 2 is one of those films that don't have a single dull moment in them.

Is it really horror? I don't know, but it's spooky and gory enough, and it's fun.
I'd say it's horror. Sure, it has it's moments of comedy, but there are some pretty scary moments. Especially when Ash loses his mind and the whole cabin starts taunting him. Did it really happen or was it all in his head? It's not sure, but it's pretty terrifying.

Chucky

Quote from: L-Face on February 04, 2013, 11:33:04 PM
Outside of being a mod and always being on attack mode, I was generally forgettable. There was also hosting the FE Radio podcast thingy, but who remembers that?

How could we forget....

http://www.fight-evil.com/phonecall_bubs_dad.mp3

http://www.fight-evil.com/bub_loses_it.mp3

L-Face

Quote from: Chucky on February 05, 2013, 12:24:21 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 04, 2013, 11:33:04 PM
Outside of being a mod and always being on attack mode, I was generally forgettable. There was also hosting the FE Radio podcast thingy, but who remembers that?

How could we forget....

http://www.fight-evil.com/phonecall_bubs_dad.mp3

http://www.fight-evil.com/bub_loses_it.mp3
You had waaaaaaay too much time on your hands. Haha. Forgot about those.

JasonzSon

Horror Films in my Top 10:
Nightmare on Elm Street
Aliens Directors' Cut
Hellraiser
Alien
Gojira

All 10/10 for me and very close.

Dorkus

I go back and forth on my favourite a lot, but I'm pretty 100% certain it's Brain Dead (aka Dead Alive). I've always liked my horror with a side order of comedy and this is the movie that does it best. It's a blast.

Other favourites include...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hellraiser
IT (no, really)
The Exorcist

JasonzSon

Dorkus, you like IT?  I never could have guessed!  How have you been deceiving us all these years?

Dorkus

Well now that the cards are on the table, I may as well mention that I'm also a woman.