Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Favorite Horror Movie

Started by gorefan1428, February 04, 2013, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

Ok simple what is your favorite horror movie  and if your feeling ambitious tell everyone why its your favorite.

A Nightmare on Elm Street has always been and probably will always be it for me. The reason being it was one of the few movies that i can honestly say ever scared me. When i was younger this movie gave me chills. It's atmosphere created by wes craven is one that gets etched into your mind. The sound of Freddy's claw screeching across metal while steam rises from the boiler room floor is something i will not soon forget. Then there is Freddy him self a maniacal madman that taunts his victims, so much different from all the silent slashers of his time.  These are but a few reasons this is my all time favorite horror movie.

Whats yours?   

DrumrbaxJ

JasonzSon

A Nightmare on Elm Street is still the reigning kind in terms of my favorite horror movie- probably my favorite movie of all times.  There's a lot of competition, though, with at least 6 other horror movies in my top 15 films.

Reign in Blood

Wedding Trough. Seek it, experience it, love it. Very moving.

Chucky

Child's Play... no way?!? Who'd have thunkit?!?

Pretty sure it was like the first or at least one of the first horror flicks I saw as a kid and pretty much just stuck with me throughout my life.

L-Face

Going with Gore and Jz on this one. The original Elm Street is my all time favorite horror film. Possibly my favorite movie of all time for the way it impacted my life. By that, I mean I can't sleep for shit anymore. Thanks, Wes and Robert!  :'(

Akasha

Hellraiser, simply because it scared the shit out of me. It was like like watching forms of pure evil. Great storyline, great effects, ...
Amazing music score as well. Which I bought!  ;D

Jigsaw

Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 04, 2013, 05:52:41 PM

:P

I'm not sure how many people know about that one, so I'd do as Reign says - seek and experience. It will ruin you.

For me, I'm going with Halloween. A Nightmare on Elm Street has a 9.5/10 from my, but there's one scene I cannot wrap my head around, and it still makes no logical sense, so I can't give it a ten. Halloween, on the other hand, is the perfect horror movie. Subtle, terrifying, and Michael Myers.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 04, 2013, 10:28:19 PM

I'm not sure how many people know about that one, so I'd do as Reign says - seek and experience. It will ruin you.

For me, I'm going with Halloween. A Nightmare on Elm Street has a 9.5/10 from my, but there's one scene I cannot wrap my head around, and it still makes no logical sense, so I can't give it a ten. Halloween, on the other hand, is the perfect horror movie. Subtle, terrifying, and Michael Myers.
I'm curious, which scene are you talking about?

Jigsaw

Quote from: L-Face on February 04, 2013, 11:09:36 PM

Scene where Nancy is dreaming and she thinks Glen is with her (as Glen's hiding behind a tree). Because Glen was with her in the dream (the only time we've seen two 'victims' in a dream together), why does she go off at Glen when she wakes up? If Glen was hiding behind a tree in her dream and watching her, she had to know Glen would be asleep (as they were in the same world). I just never got it.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 04, 2013, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: L-Face on February 04, 2013, 11:09:36 PM

Scene where Nancy is dreaming and she thinks Glen is with her (as Glen's hiding behind a tree). Because Glen was with her in the dream (the only time we've seen two 'victims' in a dream together), why does she go off at Glen when she wakes up? If Glen was hiding behind a tree in her dream and watching her, she had to know Glen would be asleep (as they were in the same world). I just never got it.
The way I took it was she was asleep and was talking to him while he was awake. If he saw her struggling, he was supposed to wake her up, but nodded off and failed at doing the one thing she asked which is why she goes off on him when she wakes up.

Jigsaw

So then he was never really behind the tree when Nancy was dreaming? That's supposed to be taken as an non-literal "I'm watching you so you'll be protected"?

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 04, 2013, 11:20:03 PM
So then he was never really behind the tree when Nancy was dreaming? That's supposed to be taken as an non-literal "I'm watching you so you'll be protected"?
That's the way I took it. It's akin to the "pulling someone into a dream" thing that Kristen did in Elm Street 3, just not on that level.

Jigsaw

Sure, I guess it could be, it just felt out of place.

Nancy telling Glen to hide behind a tree always troubled me though. If she knew he was not literally there, why tell him to hide? If he wasn't literally there, how could Nancy see him?

Brings to me more questions than answers, to be honest.

Halloween, on the other hand, I find to have few plot holes and pretty straight forward (for what it's worth), hence my rating of it.

L-Face

To each their own, I suppose. That's not me knocking Halloween, though. Love that movie as well. Definitely in my top 10.