Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Longest Running Horror Film Series

Started by JasonzSon, February 15, 2013, 02:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash Dummie

Friday the 13th was about 9 movies too long.

I might like Jason, but there aren't too many good movies in that series.  [*laugh*]

Doomed Knight

how about the Night of the Living Dead type movies?

by NotLD type I mean the the Dawn of the Dead if it does count. Return of the living dead etc. that one 3D remake.

would'nt it make it 12?

if it counts.

L-Face

I don't count it. If you count the ones Romero himself has made, there's six. But there's like.....three or four different NOTLD remakes with more on the way.

JasonzSon

Night, Dawn, Day, etc. is one series.
Night (Arguably), Return, and the Return series is another.
Dawn, Zombi, etc are a third series.
You could almost count all of the Night remakes as a series... maybe later we can do another list of films with a ton of remakes.

Crash Dummie

Is the new Day of the Dead a sequel to the new Dawn?

JasonzSon

I don't think it technically is.  The new Dawn pretty much ends with the idea that the main characters (who've survived) are the last living humans alive, and they're fucked.  It's possible to pick it up from there, but not easy.

gorefan1428

children of the corn has a bunch "most suck but that's beside the point"

would masters of horror count there are 13 of them? 

edit never mind more of a season type thing

Chucky

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 16, 2013, 05:33:22 AM
Basically what I'm going for is that if there's just one remake, with no more planned, that's fine, I'm counting it as one series.  If the remake has sequels, however, it's essentially spawning a new film series and I'm counting it separately.

If that's the case, you should then bump ANOES up to 9.

JasonzSon

What you're really asking is to make (out loud) that tough call of whether New Nightmare is a sequel, or a spin-off.

Chucky

Dude, ya making it too complicated. Just count EVERYTHING.

JasonzSon

Counted with a disclaimer.  Looking at the list... I'm tempted not to include anything other than straight-up sequels.

L-Face

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 16, 2013, 11:53:40 AM
Is the new Day of the Dead a sequel to the new Dawn?
I think they're unrelated. Though, someone actually had the BALLS to make a sequel to the original Day of the Dead entitled "Day of the Dead 2: Contagium."  [*angry*]

DrumrbaxJ

Amityville Horror has eight?! REALLY?!

JasonzSon

Yeah, I would consider the last two both to be remakes so I didn't count either of them.

Dorkus

The Land Before Time has about 13 sequels.