Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Longest Running Horror Film Series

Started by JasonzSon, February 15, 2013, 02:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

True- along with 10 films in the first Star Trek series.  Is there an audience here for a non-horror equivalent to this discussion?

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 17, 2013, 07:37:15 AM
True- along with 10 films in the first Star Trek series.  Is there an audience here for a non-horror equivalent to this discussion?
I'd say yes, but the one that puts every other series to shame is the Bond series.

JasonzSon

I've been curious about that.  Is it one series per actor, or one continuous series?  I've heard people reference it both ways.

L-Face

Well, if we're lumping remakes into a series, it'd only be fair to lump every Bond film together as one giant series.

DeraiLer

It has never really been remade. It gets re-imagined with the changing of the guard Aka actors and has different tones, but not once has it claimed to be a completely new timeline.

Reign in Blood

Quote from: L-Face on February 18, 2013, 03:23:43 AM
I'd say yes, but the one that puts every other series to shame is the Bond series.

Wong Fei Hung.

DeraiLer

Is there an audience here for a non-horror equivalent to this discussion?

Yes!

JasonzSon

I was going to do this, until I realized that Wikipedia has 18 film series with 30 films or more and another 25 with over 20.  We may need to narrow it down if it's going to be worth discussion.

EDIT: I never would have thought that Howling: Reborn was a legit sequel, but since it apparently is, that gives us 8.