Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movies You Hate That Other People Like

Started by Pastor, February 13, 2013, 03:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

I watched that somewhat recently. Peter Weller makes it worth it, IMO.

DeraiLer

Yeah Peter Weller elevates anything he is in. Wish he was in more these days. Screamers is a fave film of mine. Scanners? Not so much.

Midian Fiend

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 23, 2013, 01:49:36 PM
Scanners.

Considered a cult classic but I found it a chore to sit through when I saw it again recently.

Agreed, everyone got me hyped up for scanners and I usually like scifi but it was just lame....except for one scene...you know which one... [*explodinghead*]

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on March 23, 2013, 01:49:36 PMScanners.

Considered a cult classic but I found it a chore to sit through when I saw it again recently.
Agreed. I wouldn't necessarily say that I hate it, though.

L-Face

Just read the post I replied to. Wow, botched that. Screamers is what I was referring to. Scanners was meh, I agree. Really only worth it for the head explosion and the finale. Other than that, it's forgettable.

DeraiLer

I just saw Evil Dead again for the first time in ages and I didn't care for it. Evil Dead 2 is still one I love but the first one? Pass.

JasonzSon

Push comes to shove, I prefer the first.  I don't love it like a lot of people do, but I find it scarier than the sequel.  Maybe just because the second IS a sequel.

gorefan1428

the first is still one of my favorite horror films

Shadow

Quote from: DeraiLer on April 02, 2013, 04:27:34 AMI just saw Evil Dead again for the first time in ages and I didn't care for it. Evil Dead 2 is still one I love but the first one? Pass.
I saw it with some friends this past Saturday and this is the exact reason why I have some hopes for the remake. The original didn't grab me at all... I liked the concept behind it, it was just horribly put out.

Dorkus

In my opinion Evil Dead is a lame movie with a few very cool moments (the tree rape, the pencil to the ankle, "we're gonna get you" etc). I pretty much just watch those parts and the gorefest at the end.

Jigsaw

Another older thread I missed.

I have two movies to bring up that are pretty widely loved by the horror community that I don't care for at all.

1) The Shining (1980)

I get it, I'm not alone in my moderate dislike of this movie. But I also feel the 1997 mini-series far surpasses this version in about every way, and I've about never seen another say that. The 1997 version, despite it's much lower-quality, is fantastic, whereas this version, while not god-awful, is nothing particularly great.

2) Drag Me to Hell (2009)

When this came out, I saw it in theaters. Rated it a 2/10, or something like that. Thought it was generic, uninspired, and pretty damn shitty. Next thing I know, every horror fan is praising the movie, which just blew me away. Now, to be fair, I've seen this movie only once, and haven't gotten around to rewatching it yet, but though I might give the movie a more fair rating when I see it again (5/10, maybe), based on all I remember, there's about nothing worth watching this movie for, besides maybe Justin Long.

Chucky

I think Drag Me to Hell earns points because of its ending. It was kind of unexpected to have that type of ending, there are a few other creepy scenes but mostly thanks to the old hag, other than that it's quite generic.