Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Movies You Hate That Other People Like

Started by Pastor, February 13, 2013, 03:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt2185

The Ring. What a watered down load. I remember guys my age going "Ohh I couldn't sleep all night after seeing it." While I"m sitting there going "really? Night of the Living Dead was a far more frightning movie."

Doomed Knight

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone call out THAT movie.... x)

as for me, I'd say the ring too, and of course, any Saw movie. a lot of my friends love them, I don't even find them entertaining.

JasonzSon

The Ring was pretty effective on me when it first came out on VHS.  I'm curious what my opinion would be if I were to rewatch it now.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on February 14, 2013, 12:57:47 AM
The Exorcist. Ok, hate is a strong word for this one. Let's just say, I was underwhelmed by this movie. With 27 years of hype (I saw it in 2000) and statements like, "It's the scariest movie of all time." it ultimately failed to reach that level for me. I actually found myself getting annoyed for not being scared. There was one moment, a moment that was cut from the original film, that came close to scaring me. The spider walk scene. That was it.

sounds like you had your hopes up way to high. its hard to scare someone who has watched a lot of horror films over a long period. you just sort of become immune to it.

As for movies i hate that others seem to like i think wolf creek would fall into that category. To be fair though sort of had my hopes up a little to high for it when i first saw it, from the chatter on the boards and some reviews about how good it was. Just find it to be mediocre at best.

L-Face

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 15, 2013, 06:42:03 PM
Quote from: L-Face on February 14, 2013, 12:57:47 AM
The Exorcist. Ok, hate is a strong word for this one. Let's just say, I was underwhelmed by this movie. With 27 years of hype (I saw it in 2000) and statements like, "It's the scariest movie of all time." it ultimately failed to reach that level for me. I actually found myself getting annoyed for not being scared. There was one moment, a moment that was cut from the original film, that came close to scaring me. The spider walk scene. That was it.

sounds like you had your hopes up way to high. its hard to scare someone who has watched a lot of horror films over a long period. you just sort of become immune to it.
Not at all. I didn't really have any expectations going into it. At that point, I hadn't seen very many horror films so it wasn't a matter of being desensitized. As I said, the movie just did nothing for me.

DeraiLer

Halloween Resurrection. I gotta say I aint too crazy about this one which is overwhelmingly loved by all on this board. Why I recall these people praising it here:

Chucky: Best fucking movie ever! Without a doubt twice as good as Childs play!
Lface: Loved it so much it brought out the woman in me.
Crash: Busta should win the oscar!
Gorefan: Touching. I cried 3 times and that was just during opening credits!
Shadow: I love cock.

L-Face

Motherfucker! I told you that in confidence!  [*angry*]  [*cry*]

Daebo

Anything with crazy red neck hillbillys. I live in Crazy Hillbilly-ville, and they just don't scare me. I just watch the Hills Have Eyes and say "Whatever Queers" the whole time.

DeraiLer

Daebo

DeraiLer

Reign in Blood

Rosemary's Baby. Completely coma-inducing, but it dupes you into fighting it because of it's classic status, and the demon rape midway was a nice way to give you a shot of hope. So I'm at the end, and finally think I'm going to be rewarded for making it through this giant, long ass Planet Parenthood commercial of a movie. Only to be kicked right in the balls for the true knock-out count once again. No one gives a flying fuck hearing you cry about his eyes you stupid broad, all we've heard you do is whine the whole movie, show us something, anything cool! Bah. I hope someone shoves a copy of this up Polanski's ass while he is in prison.