Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Hansel and Gretel

Started by Shadow, February 10, 2013, 06:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Anyone see the new movie out, Hansel and Gretel? I thought it was pretty fun. Plenty of action, funny moments, and the story it self wasn't all that bad. Seemed like it was just a fun movie to watch... something not to take too seriously.

Crash Dummie

I planned on avoiding it. I think it the lowest rated on Rotten Tomatoes that's still playing in theatres.

JasonzSon

I watched the rip-off version: Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft.  Or rather, I started to, then I turned the volume off to wait and see if there would be any warriors or witchcraft, and when I got halfway through with nothing but dialogue on the screen I turned it off.

Shadow

In this version the first chase scene ends with a witch getting a grappling hook to the Achilles tendon. The real version is clearly better.

Akasha

What other piece of nostalgia will they destroy?  [*no*]

Shadow

Quote from: Akasha on February 10, 2013, 09:47:30 AMWhat other piece of nostalgia will they destroy?  [*no*]
It was meant to be goofy. [*laugh*]

Akasha

I know, but not to be a complete sour puss here...Reno 911, that's goofy. This is just filling for 'we're out of ideas'.
But those who enjoy this, why not? No judgement on them.

JasonzSon

You think that's bad?  I HAVE to share this video now.

Prepare to have your childhood destroyed.

Akasha

Reign in Blood

30 minutes on Thomas the tank engine, really? Somebody give out the cliff notes, please.

JasonzSon

You have to listen to the full story to really appreciate the horror of two trains going out at it.

Akasha

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 10, 2013, 11:23:29 AM
You have to listen to the full story to really appreciate the horror of two trains going out at it.

This holds a disturbingly amount of truth...  [*uhoh*]

gorefan1428

will probably check this out when it gets to dvd

L-Face

I'll likely be avoiding this movie. Comes off as trying to do what Van Helsing attempted to do and that's not really a good thing. At least Van Helsing had potential. This just looks dumb. May be meant to be goofy, but still....really?

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: L-Face on February 13, 2013, 02:09:44 AM
I'll likely be avoiding this movie. Comes off as trying to do what Van Helsing attempted to do and that's not really a good thing. At least Van Helsing had potential. This just looks dumb. May be meant to be goofy, but still....really?

Does have Jeremy Renner though, and he's never done me wrong. I saw the Van Helsing comparison too though. Thought I might have to watch it before/after this one.