Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Horror Novels

Started by JasonzSon, February 09, 2013, 02:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

There's not a paper media section yet, so I'm starting this here.

What's your favorite horror novel, and why?  My first is, and will remain, Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris.  This book played a huge role in my developing an interest in psychology, and it's just fascinating getting into the minds of these characters.

My second favorite, and probably more traditional horror, is Stephen King's IT.  Getting under the skin of Derry truly is terrifying, and IT has seeped its way into every aspect of the town's existence.

Speaking of Stephen King, has anybody read any of his newer work?  I honestly haven't read anything of his that came out after Cell.

DrumrbaxJ

I've read a lot of Lovecraft. Getting a Cthulhu chest piece, in fact.

Crash Dummie

I'm (slowly) reading Lovecraft as well. His stuff was great.

DrumrbaxJ

It does take a bit to get through, this is true.

JasonzSon

I wax and wane on Lovecraft.  His style is just different enough to cause me difficulty sometimes, especially seeing as how I'm not a huge fan of first person storytelling as a general rule.

DrumrbaxJ

The stories are almost always fucking excellent. It's just how he tells them and how long he takes to tell some of them. The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward is a proper novel in its own right, really.

JasonzSon

Oh, I've never been disappointed with them.  It's just a format and wording that I sometimes have trouble retaining the information from.  I find myself lost at times.

DrumrbaxJ

"What did I just read..."