Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Cathy's Curse (1977)

Started by Jigsaw, August 27, 2018, 02:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Cathy's Curse can come across as a bit of a mess, especially since the most common version of the film isn't in the best quality. Even so, after seeing it multiple times, I think it's a decently fun movie, which some occasionally amusing actors and moderately well-done scenes toward the end. By no means an amazing movie, this 70's flick is one that I think, given the chance, many might end up enjoying.

Have you any thoughts on this 70's movie?

Chucky

It's been out on bluray since last year, I'm sure that would have better picture quality than whatever you watched. Here are some pics from it...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cathys-Curse-Blu-ray/159920/#Screenshots

I haven't seen the movie but it's on my list of movies to check out.

Jigsaw

This is where we might differ slightly. I don't really mind rough quality for 70's flicks - I think it adds some charm to the film, and makes me feel as though it's the 70's and I'm at some drive-in.

Still, looking at those pictures, it certainly looks better than what you'd get from Mill Creek Entertainment. Of course, that's not hard to do.  [*laugh*]

If and when you do check out this movie, I hope you have at least a little fun with it. [*thumbsup*]

Chucky

I'm not sure what your experiences are with watching blurays, but movies from the 70's on blurays still typically look dated in comparison to modern films, plenty of film grain, even depending on how rough the negatives are, they still often have some cracks and pops etc, it's just a lot easier to see what's going on.

The way I look at it, is essentially the same as what this guy thinks about watching movies in different formats/qualities...