Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Broken Notes (2008)

Started by Jigsaw, August 02, 2018, 12:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Based off the classic video game Silent Hill 2, this Spanish movie is an interesting, if not rather flawed, adaptation. That said, I know virtually nothing about Silent Hill 2 - never played it, never seen it played, and that likely influenced my thoughts quite a bit. Still, I found this flick odd - scenes that didn't appear to have context, metaphorical representations I didn't get (which weren't helped by the disjointed nature of the movie), and while they got the dreamy atmosphere down pat, there wasn't much here to really enjoy.

What did you think about this Spanish adaptation of a video game?

Chucky

I never knew this existed... as a fan of Silent Hill 2 (the game), I'd certainly give it a go though based on your review and screenshots, I'd go in with fairly low expectations... which may help.

Jigsaw

The youtube video has about 27,000 views, which isn't shabby, but on IMDb, it has only 17 ratings.

Probably in the top 20 movies I've seen with the lowest amount of ratings, now that I think about it.

I'd certainly recommend giving it a go. I don't know about the game, but my brother does, and he said that some of the dialogue comes straight from the source material. He liked the film significantly more than I did, so perhaps you will too.