Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Games you want to play

Started by Shadow, February 09, 2013, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

What are games that you still want to play but haven't had a chance to/haven't bought yet/haven't finished? Keep in mind, we're strictly talking about games that have already come out.

It's odd for me, because some of the games are games that I want to play, but refuse to for whatever reason:
LA Noire: I own it. I've played it. I just haven't gotten around to finishing it. It's on my list of things to do.

Skyrim: I've been curious to play it but haven't for two reasons. One- the world is so fucking huge, yet doesn't give multiplayer to have friends join (makes me think they did this on purpose to get people hooked for their Elder Scrolls MMO). And two- for some reason I just wasn't as hyped as everyone else when it actually released, even now, I want to give it a chance not because I'm hyped for it, but because I'm just a bit curious. I doubt I'd ever actually play it.

Mass Effect series: This is a game that, on the hole, I have absolutely no problems with. I've watched friends play it and it looks really good. My problem is I simply refuse to touch anything that EA sticks their fingers into. Simply a matter of principle.

FEAR III: I've seen play throughs of it, and while I agree that the plot is kind of 'meh' I've always loved the combat system in FEAR. The enemy AI is just so good compared to most other games I've seen.

That is pretty much all I can think of from the past few years. Every other game that I can think of that's caught my interest I already own or have at least finished it.

Crash Dummie

Metal Gear Solid: I bought it, along with Resident Evil 2. I completed RE2 with both characters, but never got around to playing MGS. I finished the NES one though, and it had to be the worst version.

Resident Evil 3: Because I love RE and never played that one.

JasonzSon

I'd like play more games in the Shin Megami Tensei series and Tekken 6.

Dorkus

Red Dead Redemption has been warming my shelf for about two years now.

gorefan1428

like shadow i'm sort of curious about skyrim.

I will be picking up the pc version with a big bundle of games im buying tomorrow, so i will see how i like it.

Don't usually play games on the pc but what the heck since it was there might as well try it.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Shadow on February 09, 2013, 05:14:19 AM
What are games that you still want to play but haven't had a chance to/haven't bought yet/haven't finished? Keep in mind, we're strictly talking about games that have already come out.

(makes me think they did this on purpose to get people hooked for their Elder Scrolls MMO).

Thanks for mentioning this game shadow [*thumbsup*] went and looked it up and it looks awesome. This is the game i'm looking forward too.

Very much enjoyed wow for a long time but felt it was getting so far away from where it began. Have been searching for a new mmo to play and this might just be it.

Wonder how much the cost per month is going to be.

Also signed up for the beta testing, has anyone else?

DrumrbaxJ

Finish New Vegas, Dawn Of War II: Retribution, Duke Nukem Forever, start Skyrim. Want to play Dead Space 3. Loved those games.

Chucky

I've got Alan Wake, Red Dead Undead Nightmare and LA Noire all sitting on my shelf untouched for the last 1-3 years... at some point I will play them.

SmartgunnerDrake

Well I have about 50 steam games I own from various sales , want to get around to them but I've just a stupid amount and I couldn't even tell you what I own :/ Want to replay Mass Effect 3 but I just can't motivate myself for more disappointment

DrumrbaxJ

I feel a little dumb that my entire playthrough had been renegade and yet every option was still open to me. I'd have thought it would have shaped the ending for me, rather than allowing me to just "Yup. Going to change my entire character riiiiight now."

Shadow

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 09, 2013, 03:37:55 PMThanks for mentioning this game shadow [*thumbsup*] went and looked it up and it looks awesome. This is the game i'm looking forward too.

Very much enjoyed wow for a long time but felt it was getting so far away from where it began. Have been searching for a new mmo to play and this might just be it.

After I got rid of WoW I hopped onto the Guild Wars 2 bandwagon. Fun game, $60 and no sub fee. Haven't really bothered looking at any other MMOs since that... especially the ones requiring a sub fee.

Also... there is a sign up for the Elder Scrolls mmo already?

gorefan1428

Quote from: Shadow on February 14, 2013, 06:13:40 AM
Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 09, 2013, 03:37:55 PMThanks for mentioning this game shadow [*thumbsup*] went and looked it up and it looks awesome. This is the game i'm looking forward too.

After I got rid of WoW I hopped onto the Guild Wars 2 bandwagon. Fun game, $60 and no sub fee. Haven't really bothered looking at any other MMOs since that... especially the ones requiring a sub fee.

Also... there is a sign up for the Elder Scrolls mmo already?

you can sign up for beta "doesn't mean you will get in though [*cry*] "

How is guild wars 2 compared to wow game play wise?

Shadow

The combat system is amazing in comparison... no standing around casting/meleeing- everything can (and should) be done on the move. Their dynamic event and leveling systems are pretty sweet too. Pretty much the only thing negative I can think of about it is that in many places it sort of rewards zerging... which isn't necessarily all that horrible, really.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Shadow on February 14, 2013, 06:40:43 PM
The combat system is amazing in comparison... no standing around casting/meleeing- everything can (and should) be done on the move. Their dynamic event and leveling systems are pretty sweet too. Pretty much the only thing negative I can think of about it is that in many places it sort of rewards zerging... which isn't necessarily all that horrible, really.

i may have to check it out soon