Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Your Horror Guilty Pleasures

Started by JasonzSon, February 08, 2013, 06:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

I meant to make this thread way back- what horror movies do you know in your heart are crap, but you just can't help loving them?

#1 on my list is Rawhead Rex.  It's made some wrong turns so bad that Clive Barker does his best to pretend the film was never made, and yet... I think I'm going to watch this tomorrow.

Chucky

Baby Blues aka Cradle Will Fall. I like the movie and we all know there's a lot of people out there who don't just on principle alone, some even even boycotted the movie *cough* De *cough*.

Crash Dummie

The whole Basket Case series. I only consider the first oen to be a bad movie however. It has great ideas, but the execution is flawed and cheesy (still awesome). The sequels are creative and successful horror comedies, but I guess they're not for everyone.

Maybe Maximum Overdrive. Emilio Estevez vs Trucks!

Jason Takes Manhattan. Because Jason takes Manhattan. And a boat, mostly.

The Deadly Spawn. It's mostly an awful movie, but I admire the dedication, creativity and balls (or ovaries) of the film makers. The creatures look great and fleshy, they kill off characters who you'd think would survive, has a lot of funny moments and the twist ending is great.

DeraiLer

Fuck Baby Blues. Still boycotting it!

Midian Fiend

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 08, 2013, 11:57:32 PM
The whole Basket Case series. I only consider the first oen to be a bad movie however. It has great ideas, but the execution is flawed and cheesy (still awesome). The sequels are creative and successful horror comedies, but I guess they're not for everyone.

Basket case is hilarious especially the second when the two little freaks screw.

gorefan1428

probably detour and monster man

the characters in detour are so stereotypical and both movies are cheesy but i just can't help but enjoy them. 

Chucky

Monster Man is awesome... not sure if it can be considered a guilty pleasure, I think it just hasn't had enough exposure to audiences. Most horror fans seem to enjoy it.

MadMatt2185

Not sure if it's a Guilty Pleasure, I feel no guilt over loving it. But I LOVE Killer Klowns from Outer Space. The firs reason I must love it it that one of my High School teachers (and a Base Ball coach) was afraid of clowns his whole life due to that movie. Also I'm wearing my Killer Klowns shirt right now come to think of it.

JasonzSon

I've seen a lot of love for Killer Klowns... but I just couldn't get into it.

MadMatt2185

To which I must go with my stand by of "You just don't get it I guess." Which tends to be the main line for the fans to those who have no love for it. But another part I like is that the Brothers who made it, and the special effects/makeup makers also were mildly (at least) afraid of clowns themselves.

Dorkus

I think a lot of Clive Barker adaptions could qualify as guilty pleasures. Hellraiser and Candyman are the only movies of his with any mainstream popularity. I still want Son of Celluloid  or The Yattering and Jack to be made into a film.

JasonzSon

I thought Nightbreed was fairly popular.

Akasha

Dorkus

I hate all the Leprechaun movies except for part 3. For some reason that one is just insanely fun.