Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Hereditary (2018)

Started by Chucky, June 15, 2018, 12:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Heridtary is a well-acted and interesting watch which leads with suspense rather than just loading up on cheap jump scares. I don't completely understand everything that happened during my first viewing but I am intrigued enough to re-visit it again when it's available on bluray and hopefully pick up a few things that flew over my head the first time around.

Have you checked out Hereditary yet?

Jigsaw

I heard another likewise positive review of this from a friend of mine, so I may well check it out when it's leaked onto the internet in good quality.  [*laugh*]

Seriously, though, the plot sounds interesting, and actually reminds me of what you might find in movies from the 50's and 60's (The Maze from 1953 and The Haunted Palace from 1963 are all that's coming to mind, but I know there are others out there).

Shadow

I haven't seen it, but what I've heard has been fairly positive. If my friends want to get together maybe it's something we can all go out to see.

Dorkus

I tend to be wary of "OMG U GUISE SCARRIEST NEW MOVIE EVA" films, but it does sound pretty disturbing.

Jigsaw

This movie is nothing like The Maze or The Haunted Palace. [*odd*]

I don't know, this feels like the type of movie I'd need to watch again to catch some more explanation, but I don't think that's something that makes the movie good. Solid enough, but I didn't love it. I'd put it around average.