Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Last Song You Listened To

Started by gorefan1428, February 08, 2013, 04:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

"Cedartown, Georgia" - Waylon Jennings.

Classic country artist, though I think this is all I know from him.

Jigsaw

Some very early Deep Purple, and a good example of some of the earlier metal. Not as enjoyable as some of Blue Cheer's stuff from their first album, but "Mandrake Root" is still fun.

Chucky

I was always thinking of using this song for some sort of horror music video, maybe like a Jason and his momma type video.  [*hehehmm*]

Jigsaw

Don't really know anything else by Benton Falls, but what a fucking depressing song this is.

"I remember the last time I saw you on heroin" is such a haunting line, especially juxtaposed to the opening line.

Jigsaw

Perhaps my favorite Springsteen song. Mournful, and with feeling, the whole song is great. "Highway Patrolman" is a close second favorite of his.

Chucky

Believe it or not, I do have a listen to most of the songs you post.

Anyhoo, thought I should contribute...

Re-visiting a favourite from a German band that I used to listen to a bit back during my graduation year (2001).

Band: Waterdown
Song: June

How can you dance when my legs are bleeding?
And how can you whisper when I feel like screaming?
This is the perfect tragedy
This is sugar-coated madness dear

Chucky

Starting with the song I previously posted, I felt kind of inspired to do a nostalgia hit list, containing songs that I used to (and mostly still do) listen to a lot back during my high school days or thereabouts (basically anything over 15 years ago).

Next up is a track way ahead of its time and I'm pretty sure John Travolta chucked a tanty when it came out in the early 90's. I used to spin it a fair few times since the mid-late 90's. Mike Patton is a bit hit and miss with me, but Mr Bungle is one of his more interesting acts, in my opinion.

Artist: Mr Bungle
Song: Travolta (Quote Unquote)

He's got an itch but nothing with which to scratch the itch
So wish it away
With his mouth sewn shut, he still shakes his butt
'cause he's Hitler and Swayze and Trump and... Travolta

Jigsaw

Such a moving song. Watsky has long been a favorite of mine, and this song's just wonderful.

"But baby, maybe it's a problem when you got a problem and you get addicted to the cure."

Just great. Top 15 Watsky song for sure.

Chucky

It's been 8 years since their last album, but COLD is back!

MadnessReturns79

No video for it but saw a Musical version of Clue live recently. Songs were interesting.

Jigsaw

Utterly love Great Big Sea. They have catchy, sometimes funny songs ('The Mermaid' and 'Harbour Lecou') and moving songs (such as this and 'England,' not to mention 'The Fisherman's Lament' and 'Someday Soon')

Great stuff here if you've the right ear.

gorefan1428

scream by the misfits  [*thumbsup*]

[/youtube]

Chucky

Psychostick doing a live shred of Nickleback.  [*hehehmm*]

Jigsaw

Death Cab for Cutie aren't my favorite band, but when they have a hard-hitting song, they have a hard-hitting song.

Such an emotional piece here about death and hospitals.