Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Discussion of Future Portions of this Site

Started by Jigsaw, February 04, 2013, 08:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Just thought I'd mention that I changed the destination from where you go when you post something. Originally, you would be taken to the list of topics from the board you've just posted in. Now when you post you will be taken to the post you have just made... which makes more sense.

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on February 05, 2013, 11:41:17 PM
Just thought I'd mention that I changed the destination from where you go when you post something. Originally, you would be taken to the list of topics from the board you've just posted in. Now when you post you will be taken to the post you have just made... which makes more sense.

Thank God, that was so annoying.

Crash Dummie

We COULD fix it in our profiles' settings though, but it was well hidden.

Jigsaw

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 05, 2013, 11:53:22 PM
We COULD fix it in our profiles' settings though, but it was well hidden.

I thought we could too, but I didn't want to go searching for it. Color me lazy.

Chucky

Yeah, that's true. There always was the option in your profiles to change it but now I've set it as the forum default. So if anyone else does want it to go to the topics page instead of your recent post, you can make the change back... I just don't see people preferring it that way though.

Shadow

When I started my profile that was like one of the first things I changed.

Akasha

Dorkus

I think so Kash. We're debating chat room vs. chat box.

Giddins

i miss old school chat rooms. they were awesome

Akasha

Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 07:15:28 AM
I think so Kash. We're debating chat room vs. chat box.

Awesome-o! I vote chat box!

Giddins

so since this is meant to be about the actual site and not just the message boards. what kind of ideas do people have for it? what is everyone keen to see? i know the fights have been talked about. but what else? reviews? news? articals? any other ideas on what can go up? i have already talked to chucky about maybe doing some video game reviews and what not.

JasonzSon

I already know Chuck has ideas for reviews- I don't know them, but it's been a major source of "what to change" for about half a decade now, and I know he has a course he wants to start to take (regarding horror films, anyway).  Of course, I have plans for my own content as well right now, which encourages me to be quiet until I'm ready to start acting.  I want to take the rest of your question, Giddins, and rephrase it- "What makes us different from all of the other horror film sites out there?"  I take it as a general agreement that we don't want to become a news site, unless that's changed.  So, what else sets us apart?

Giddins

well what made the place different were the fights and the message boards. but the fights ,as chucky has already pointed out, are something that people will come for and look at for 10 min. and with the message boards. i love them. but the fact that it's full of regular posters and in jokes could put some people off.

there are sites i go to just because they are well presented and well done even though they offer nothing different. doing something different is important but doing things peolple want to see is also important. and knowing what people expect to see when they first show up is important to know. and thats why i was asking.

i think a chat room is a very good idea. you don't seem to see them around anymore and they are a good way to get the community to bond together.

Reign in Blood

For smaller outfits like us, I always think it's good to support the more niche groups and interests. Stuff that some might not really have an outlet for their interest in it, and will draw others because it's different and cool, I think it's good to foster.

Chucky