Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Discussion of Future Portions of this Site

Started by Jigsaw, February 04, 2013, 08:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

No, I mean this one.  I tried typing that url in about a week ago, and it just brought me back to the login.

Chucky

...and does it still do that when you try now? Coincidentally, when you had previously logged in you may have chosen one of the time limits to have you signed in for that expired around that time and just logged you out by coincidence? I even find that on the odd occasion choosing 'forever' can still log you out over time.

JasonzSon

Actually it does.  It doesn't log me out, per se, but it brings me to the login screen as though I were logged out.  Apparently only when I go there via a link does it work properly.

JasonzSon

Perhaps an area would be appropriate where the FAQ, the Introductions thread, and this one (along with threads discussing other parts of the site when they exist) could be kept, free of all the general goings-on.

Chucky

Quote from: Daebo on February 27, 2013, 02:24:00 PM
No post counts?

You can see them in your profiles but that's about it. I don't see the point in them really... we're such a tight-knit community that we're above needing post counts.

Dorkus

Are there fancy titles that go with the post count? This is the real issue.

Chucky

Quote from: Dorkus on February 28, 2013, 07:58:10 AM
Are there fancy titles that go with the post count? This is the real issue.

That's another thing that I thought wasn't really needed.

Midian Fiend

Im not sure if titles will give people an incentive to post or just post tonnes of crap.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Midian Fiend on March 05, 2013, 01:59:23 PM
Im not sure if titles will give people an incentive to post or just post tonnes of crap.

The tons of crap for sure. I remember some of the threads on the old boards were so silly and post whore ish that it wasn't even funny like for example  the what was the last thing you ate thread " no i'm not kidding"

JasonzSon

Hey C-Dog, how do you feel about giving us some of those thread icons with ratings for movies?

Chucky

I guess this answers the question that I asked in the Staff section to your reviews comment...

I used to have them in there because our old review system revolved around people (staff) rating them that way. Since the new review system will be separate from the forum, I won't need them and I don't really want to add unnecessary things to the icon drop-down list.

I am currently on 3 weeks leave from work, so I plan to get a lot done with the review stuff over these next few weeks.

JasonzSon

Ah, got you.  I still think it would be a nice touch for movie threads, but if we can work out some sort of system where the review section and the forums are linked, it might be unnecessary.