Discussion of Future Portions of this Site

Started by Jigsaw, February 04, 2013, 08:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giddins

gorefan1428

Giddins

gorefan1428

DrumrbaxJ

TINYCHAT! That's what I was trying to remember. Ooops.

Chucky

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 13, 2013, 05:54:22 PM
TINYCHAT! That's what I was trying to remember. Ooops.

Depends on how difficult the integration would be... I'm still debating in my head shoutbox vs chatroom.

JasonzSon

Any particular reason functions like "Who's Online" don't work with the new forum?

Chucky

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 14, 2013, 12:37:53 AM
Any particular reason functions like "Who's Online" don't work with the new forum?

It's not that they don't work, I just haven't linked them anywhere. You should still be able to see them like this:

http://fight-evil.com/community/index.php?action=who

DrumrbaxJ

I think tinychat is more like you outsourcing to them. Put up a link for your room or some such and everyone jumps in to their server site room thing.

Chucky

Never really been a fan of sending members to another website to make use of a particular function. The last chat room we had, which I could still use, utilised FE members existing accounts, no need to register another account to use etc and was quite seamless... and I prefer that.

DrumrbaxJ

JasonzSon

Did you recently fix code relating to that, Chuck?  I tried using that url on my own in the past, and all it did was log me out.  That could be chalked up to the site being confused by changes going on at the time, though.

Chucky

If you're referring to the old forum, I haven't touched the coding on it since it was last up and running smoothly.