Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Bloodsport (1988)

Started by Chucky, May 10, 2018, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

I find that Jean-Claude Van Damme's two best films both came from early in his career, one is Kickboxer and the other is Bloodsport. There are some fondly cheesy tunes and some corny acting at times, including from Van Damme, but it is all a part of its charm and why it's such an enjoyable film.

What do you think of Bloodsport?

Crash Dummie

The actual best Van Damme movie is JCVD.

My "favorite", due to childhood bias, might be Street Fighter, as awful as it is.

That being said, Bloodsport is 100% pure Van Dammeness and everybody should watch it. The face he does when he gets sand thrown in his eyes makes the movie.

Chucky

I own JCVD on bluray, maybe I need to re-watch it. I think I've only watched it once and thought it was okay.

Crash Dummie

I loved it. In his old movies, Van Damme bared his ass. In JCVD, he bares his soul.

Seriously, they pulled an amazing acting performance out of the guy and the script is really fun and touching.

Jigsaw

I've only seen Van Damme in two movies, one being the fun Sudden Death (1995), the other being the moderately terrible In Hell (2003).

This being said, if I ever did go out of my way to watch another of his movies, Bloodsport is probably the one I'd pick.

Chucky

Jigsaw and I recently discussed this movie: