Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Gentlemen's Shaving Club

Started by Crash Dummie, February 08, 2013, 05:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you use to shave your face (and/or other areas)?

Disposable razor
3 (27.3%)
2 bladed razor
1 (9.1%)
3 bladed razor
3 (27.3%)
4 bladed razor
0 (0%)
5 bladed razor
2 (18.2%)
Shavette
1 (9.1%)
Straight edged (cut throat) razor
0 (0%)
Single edged razor
0 (0%)
Double edged razor
1 (9.1%)
Electric razor
3 (27.3%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

DeraiLer

I just rip the hair out with my fists patch by patch.

Shadow

Out of curiosity, for you ladies that get waxed. Does it really hurt as much as they make it look like in the movies?

JasonzSon

I find all these posts that are just like "razor, the end" interesting when you consider that there seem to need to be special razors made just for women.  Unless that's just a marketing ploy to charge more for them, but still.

Crash Dummie

They're the same, with the huge lubricating strip vaguely reminiscing of a vagina.

But still, the 5 blades cartridge is about the same they use for the men's razors.

JasonzSon

Not sure if I want to know why you know so much about women's razors  [*uhoh*]

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on March 11, 2013, 02:12:18 PM
Not sure if I want to know why you know so much about women's razors  [*uhoh*]
French.

Doomed Knight

KennyThaKilla

Quote from: Dorkus on February 08, 2013, 12:51:35 PM
2 blades, motherfucker.  [*angry*]

BTW, shave with hot water. Better for your pores.

I use to cut the shit out of my neck before I started shaving in the shower. The steam opens up your pores and relaxes the skin for a clean, close shave. I get such a close shave this way that I was able to stop using shaving cream altogether and instead use regular bar soap. The ladies likey the close shave.   

JasonzSon

I've noticed that not only is it generally painful to shave with water that's not scalding, you notice it more if you do cut yourself, and you still don't get as deep.  3 good reasons to turn the hot water on to max.  As for a shower, I can't imagine trying to shave without being able to see what I'm doing without leaving patches of hair left behind.  No, thanks.

Crash Dummie

I need a mirror too, especially since I know for a fact that my razors have the potential to take off a decent chunk of skin.

Shadow

Yep. Shaving in the shower is easy mode since you're taking out two birds with one stone. And I don't think I've ever cut myself before.

JasonzSon

Given the option, I also tend to use battery powered razors (they seem to get a deeper shave and have less chance of drawing blood if I do screw up) and I imagine that putting the handle of one of those in the shower is a surefire way to need more than a shave.