Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Salem's Lot (2004)

Started by Jigsaw, April 28, 2018, 05:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

This television adaptation is a pretty fun time, overall. It's lengthy, but decently worth it. Having not seen the 1977 version, I can't really compare the two, but I can say that I had a good time.

What did you think of this King adaptation?

Chucky

Never really bothered with this one because:

A) Not a huge fan of vampire movies.
B) Despite having owned the original movie on DVD for the past 15+ years I STILL haven't managed to get through it. Not sure if that's because I can't get into it or if I've just not been in the best mood for that type of movie whenever I have tried to put it on.

Jigsaw

Generally speaking, I'm not a big vampire fan myself (aside from Fright Night, which is one of my favorite 80's flicks, there's not a whole lot of vampire films I love), but having read and enjoyed the original novel, I think that helped boost my interest, along with the fact it stars Rob Lowe, who, while not my favorite West Wing actor, is still a fun (and moderately offbeat) choice for the main character.

Like I said, I've not seen the original yet, and given it's three hours and seven minutes, it's certainly a time commitment, but given that it stars David Soul (Starsky and Hutch fame), I think when I do see it, I'll get a kick out of it.