Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Cabin Fever (2016)

Started by Jigsaw, March 29, 2018, 06:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

While certainly a pretty pointless remake, the 2016 version of Cabin Fever stripped the story of the comedic portions and tried to play it straight, or as straight as possible without changing more than a handful of lines within the first half of the film. A very flawed product still, it improves marginally on the original.

What did you think of this remake?

Chucky

I hadn't bothered to watch this one yet. I see you mentioned that it's similar to the original without the weird comedy parts, do they have pretty much the same dialogue? I find that remakes that mimic many scenes from the original word-for-word (The Omen, Carrie) tend to be much harder to enjoy. Though those originals that I mentioned are classics and the original Cabin Fever obviously isn't.

Jigsaw

For the first half, about to the point where they accidentally harm the skin-disease guy, the dialogue is almost completely word-for-word.

Honestly, I had no idea of that going in. Sort of blew me away. 1998's Psycho was bad enough, but come one, take the idea of the original Cabin Fever and make something new for yourself. Don't just hash out the poor story (sans weird comedy) and call it a day.

The only thing I really liked about this movie was the song "Taken" by Young Summer. I really liked this song, and it's on my iTunes. But everything else just points to how utterly pointless this remake is.

If you enjoyed the original, I'd not recommend seeking this out. If you thought the original fell a bit flat, while I don't think you'd love this, it might be worth the experience.