Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Purge television series

Started by Chucky, September 19, 2018, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

I noticed this is on Amazon Prime, so I was thinking of giving it a go even though I rarely watch TV shows, I'm more of a movie guy. The Purge movies were okay, I guess.

Has anyone else seen the TV show or have any thoughts on it? I might give it a go on the weekend.

Jigsaw

Never seen it. I don't even know if it's a direct spin-off from the movies, or if they take place during the same Purge as just the first one, or whatever.

Continuing to make Purge movies alongside a series of the same name would be somewhat confusing, I would have to think.

Shadow

I've not seen it, nor the movies themselves, actually. I did notice it on Prime a while back but didn't bother reading the description. I just assumed it was something unrelated to the movies.

Maybe I'll have to give it a look, eventually. I assume (maybe incorrectly, again) that it isn't directly related to anything important from the movie series.

Chucky

I've been watching it on Prime. It's okay... it's kind of like a much more drawn out version of the movie but focusing on many different groups of characters. Each episode is something like 45 mins long and I think I've watched 7 episodes so far, so that's like 5 hours of watching all this shit happen on the same night. It is becoming quite a bit tedious, as you can imagine.

I really find it difficult to enjoy TV series anyway. I'm way more of a movie guy than anything else. I wonder how that will play into my enjoyment of Chucky in a TV series.  [*uhoh*]

Shadow

I bounce between the two. Sometimes I want to watch shows... other times movies. Just depends on my mood, I guess.