Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Uwe Boll - the man, the myth, the legend

Started by Chucky, March 10, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

I was looking back on some of his old, controversial video updates and they do provide a good laugh.

Such as, failing multiple times to crowdfund his movies:

Having a mental breakdown:

The only genius in the whole fucking business:

Jigsaw

I've only seen one horror movie by this guy, being Alone in the Dark (2005). Even without any knowledge of the video game (I'm, at best, a casual gamer), I thought the movie sucked the big one hard.

That said, a non-horror movie of his, Bailout: The Age of Greed (2013), was actually rather enjoyable, so he's not a complete failure.

Quality videos, by the way. No ego on that guy. [*laugh*]

Chucky

He's not that bad of a director overall, he's made his share of bad movies and overall he's nothing more than mediocre, but his movies definitely receive more criticism than they deserve... but thanks to his ego, he became an easy target.

Crash Dummie

Getting him on FE Radio was our greatest achievement as a collectivity.

Chucky

Huh, did we actually get him on there? I don't remember it. I saw a video recently where he bagged some site because he spent like 1-2 hrs being interviewed and later found out "they only get like 400 visitors a month".

Hope he wasn't referring to us.  [*uhoh*]

Jigsaw

Even if we did upset Uwe Boll, given his list of perceived insults, I'm sure we wouldn't stand out.  [*laugh*]

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Chucky on March 12, 2018, 09:06:41 AM
Huh, did we actually get him on there? I don't remember it. I saw a video recently where he bagged some site because he spent like 1-2 hrs being interviewed and later found out "they only get like 400 visitors a month".

Hope he wasn't referring to us.  [*uhoh*]
I'm pretty sure it was FE Radio. (If not, what was the other horror forum that had a podcast back then? Got it on the tip of my tongue.)

Anyway, I distincly remember DeraiLer calling and telling Boll that House of the Dead was his favorite film and asking when a sequel would come out.

Shadow

At least the Germans did us a mercy and came up with a final solution for those tax loopholes.

Didn't you sign up for his boxing challenge a few years back?

Chucky

Quote from: Shadow on April 10, 2018, 10:32:01 AMDidn't you sign up for his boxing challenge a few years back?

I tried but apparently I exceeded his size restrictions. He only wanted to beat up guys that were smaller than him.