Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Prom Night (1980)

Started by Chucky, March 08, 2018, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

The characters are developed a little better than most run-of-the-mill slasher flicks and this boasts a relatively young but strong lead in Jamie Lee Curtis. Also worth mentioning is the record it has held for the longest slasher chase scene in the history of film.

Did you enjoy Prom Night?

Jigsaw

One of the few classic 80's slashers that continuously disappoints me, but let me watch it again first before condemning it again.  [*hehehmm*]

Chucky

I think it's the ending that gets me the most. If it had a different ending, my movie rating would probably change drastically.

Jigsaw

Open mouth, insert foot.  [*laugh*]

While I still found it just below average, I did enjoy Prom Night quite a bit more than I have during previous viewings.

Was a long-time coming, but I now appreciate it. Still think many other slashers are better, though, such as Terror Train (1980), My Bloody Valentine (1981), and The Slumber Party Massacre (1982).

Puking king

Quote from: Jigsaw on March 08, 2018, 01:06:34 AM
One of the few classic 80's slashers that continuously disappoints me, but let me watch it again first before condemning it again.  [*hehehmm*]

This is one movie I often remember and end up watching.. do I love it?  Nope.  But I can watch it again, every now and then.

Chucky

Jigsaw and I recently discussed this movie: