Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Night of the Lepus (1972)

Started by Jigsaw, March 06, 2018, 06:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

While certainly not without it's flaws, Night of the Lepus manages to entertain (killer rabbits - who doesn't want some of that?) the audience without going over the top, unlike what many modern-day movies may tend to do.

If you've seen this, what are your thoughts on this ecological horror flick?

Chucky

Heard of the name but never really saw anything from this movie. Now that I know it's about large bunnies, I might give it a shot. Still probably not the most ideal movie for my tastes but I'm sure it will be interesting to see how they shot this... I'm guessing they used normal bunnies with small sets?

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on March 06, 2018, 08:49:26 AM
Heard of the name but never really saw anything from this movie. Now that I know it's about large bunnies, I might give it a shot. Still probably not the most ideal movie for my tastes but I'm sure it will be interesting to see how they shot this... I'm guessing they used normal bunnies with small sets?

More or less, yes.  [*laugh*]

Don't me get wrong, the movie isn't amazing, but I found it an enjoyable flick, and at the very least, a passable time to get through a rainy day.

That said, being a 70's flick, there are slower portions, but if you've seen a lot of horror from the early to mid 1970's, it's not too atypical. It does, at times, feel more like a 50's movie (think Earth vs the Spider, The Black Scorpion, or The Giant Gila Monster), but I love a lot of those too, so I'm just biased all around.

Chucky

Scream Factory just announced that they are releasing this movie for the first time on bluray in June.

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on March 08, 2018, 08:34:54 AM
Scream Factory just announced that they are releasing this movie for the first time on bluray in June.

Oddly coincidental timing for my review, then.  [*laugh*]