Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

OUYA

Started by Crash Dummie, February 06, 2013, 07:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on February 07, 2013, 05:44:25 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 01:52:11 AMIt's also a system that encourages people to fuck with it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Sometimes that's the only way the thing can get even slightly better than it's original release. Look at the things people have done with the Kinect. And the Kinect is complete shit.
True story. But then there's the people that hack 360 games and cheat just to increase their rankings which saps the fun out of games.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 03:55:39 PM
Quote from: Shadow on February 07, 2013, 05:44:25 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 01:52:11 AMIt's also a system that encourages people to fuck with it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Sometimes that's the only way the thing can get even slightly better than it's original release. Look at the things people have done with the Kinect. And the Kinect is complete shit.
True story. But then there's the people that hack 360 games and cheat just to increase their rankings which saps the fun out of games.

i remember halo 2 on the og xbox being very bad for this at towards it's end of online play.

would be shooting someone across the map and they would end up glitching behind you  [*no*]

L-Face

It's a lot worse on the 360 from everything I've seen. Of course, no platform is really safe from it. Kinda why I prefer single player games.

Giddins

i don't think it will set the world on fire. i'm not going to bother

L-Face

It likely won't set the world on fire, no. But seems to want to cater to casual gamers on a budget. I think that's a good thing to an extent.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 04:41:37 PM
It likely won't set the world on fire, no. But seems to want to cater to casual gamers on a budget. I think that's a good thing to an extent.

casual gamer's on a budget i would recommend a ps2. could get one for 15-20 bucks and find quality games at flea markets yard sales ect for like 2 bucks a pop.

Giddins

the wii showed that casual gamers will buy a system and then only get a few games on it. it also took the wii a good year at least to take off like it did and the main reason for that was wii sports. now most people have a smart phone which they have on them at all times. so they can pull it out and play while they are waiting. not too many people want to play those games on their tv. i don't see it going too far at all.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 03:55:39 PMTrue story. But then there's the people that hack 360 games and cheat just to increase their rankings which saps the fun out of games.
There is a difference between community driven mods, and shit eating hackers, though. And regardless of the style of the network, there will be hackers anyhow.

L-Face

Quote from: Giddins on February 07, 2013, 05:19:12 PM

the wii showed that casual gamers will buy a system and then only get a few games on it. it also took the wii a good year at least to take off like it did and the main reason for that was wii sports. now most people have a smart phone which they have on them at all times. so they can pull it out and play while they are waiting. not too many people want to play those games on their tv. i don't see it going too far at all.
Regardless, I can admire them trying to do something different and creating new IPs as opposed to sequel after sequel.

Giddins

don't get me started on new ip vs sequel... i get very mad.. lol

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: Shadow on February 07, 2013, 05:23:04 PM
Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 03:55:39 PMTrue story. But then there's the people that hack 360 games and cheat just to increase their rankings which saps the fun out of games.
There is a difference between community driven mods, and shit eating hackers, though. And regardless of the style of the network, there will be hackers anyhow.

The modders for games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are perfect examples of this, those fabulous folks.

Crash Dummie

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 08, 2013, 04:37:51 AMThe modders for games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are perfect examples of this, those fabulous folks.
Half Life series is another big one. And those are just a handful too, there are tons of them out there constantly coming up with awesome mods!

DrumrbaxJ

Garry's Mod. Of course!

Crash Dummie

Ouya to Release a New Console Every Year

That's very cell phone-ish.

Not sure how I feel about that.