Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Child's Play 2 (1990)

Started by Chucky, February 03, 2018, 01:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Child's Play 2 is a fun, fast-paced sequel which is as good as the original movie. The location of the toy factory is one of the most unique locations for a horror movie ending.

Do you like this movie?

Dorkus

Jigsaw

I've seen this plenty of times before (one of the movies I saw while growing up, so the exact number eludes me), but boy, when I re-watched it today, I was blown away by how solid it actually is.

I gave both the first movie and this one the same rating (an 8.5/10), but honestly, I probably like this one a bit more. Not enough to throw it up to a solid 9/10, but both of these movies are exceedingly solid.

Christine Elise (Kyle) really stood out, and I would think that she should pop up in a later movie, because she was badass here.

Chucky

I think a lot of people actually consider this to be as good as the first. I remember Roger Ebert, who is quite difficult to please when it comes to horror movies, he actually gave the original movie a fairly positive review and while he called the sequel sickening trash, he did acknowledge that it was well-made.

I don't know if you've seen Cult Of Chucky yet but if you stay after the credits (at least on the unrated version), it hints that Christine Elise could be back in the next movie that they make. She also has her own vegan cooking show on YouTube that I somehow came across... I'm not vegan myself and she actually doesn't cram veganism down your throat from the videos I've taken a gander at, just simply giving recipes (in fact, the link below starts in the middle of a rant where she is blasting self-righteous vegans). I just thought I'd mention her channel in case you ever wondered what she looks like now or was doing these days since she doesn't do a whole lot of acting.

Blasting self-righteous vegans

Jigsaw

I didn't know that about Elise potentially coming back. Seems a great choice to me, because she was, as aforementioned, totally badass.

Glad she's still around, even if it is just giving recipes. Makes since she may not act as much, because after her performance here, what could she do to top it?

Still, shame she didn't start acting a bit earlier, because she would have been a treat had she been a scream queen in 80's slashers.

Chucky

Here is her brief scene in Cult Of Chucky (after the credits).

P.S. This scene doesn't really spoil anything that happens in Cult if that's a concern.

Jigsaw

I'll probably just wait until I see the movie later this month before seeing that, but thanks regardless. [*thumbsup*]

Dorkus

So these post credit scenes are just Chucky getting recked by past protagonists?  [*laugh*]