Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Predator (1987)

Started by Chucky, February 01, 2018, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Predator takes the biggest, toughest guy in Hollywood and makes him look like a mouse with one of the coolest creatures in film history hunting him down.

What do you think of this movie?

Shadow

Predator is definitely up there for me as one of the better sci-fi/action movies of all time. Kind of makes me curious about how they'll be handling the franchise in the future. They've been talking about more movies for a good while now.

Chucky

There is a new Predator movie out in cinemas later this year. It's directed by Shane Black, who recently directed The Nice Guys, which was a decent movie and has also written the screenplays for some really good movies like Lethal Weapon, Last Action Hero etc but even more noteworthy is that he actually starred in the original Predator movie (the "my wife has a big pussy" joker guy).

Shadow

I'd heard about that. Haven't followed what the plot is suppose to be about- or if we even have an idea yet. I have high hopes, though.

Crash Dummie

If you're talking about "Predators", starring Adrian Brody, it was really good.

Jigsaw

On a small side-note, am I the only one here who fully considers Predator to be a horror flick (merged with sci-fi, of course)?

Crash Dummie

There's horror elements, sure, but I don't know if I'd call it a horror movie. More of a sci-fi action thriller.

Jigsaw

Horror/action/sci-fi, tbh.

Why not all three?  [*yes*]

That being said, I lived my whole life considering Predator a horror movie. It wasn't until 2011, maybe 2012, when I watched it for an October Horror Challenge on HorrorMovieFans (or HMF), and an argument broke out over it, that I realized it wasn't seen as horror.

Blew my damn mind, really.  [*laugh*]

Chucky

Quote from: Jigsaw on March 06, 2018, 06:18:01 AM
Horror/action/sci-fi, tbh.

Why not all three?  [*yes*]

I do have a hidden third genre listing for movies that doesn't show up on the page, and I'm pretty sure I put horror down as a third genre listing for Predator. So when I eventually add filters, it should be included in horror searches even though it doesn't mention it on the movie page.

But yes, as you said, a lot of people primarily view it as action/scifi.