Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Favorite Video Game of all Time

Started by JasonzSon, February 06, 2013, 05:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

I'm gonna be mighty pissed if this thread is mostly games from the past 10 years.
Title says it all.

I, of course, am going to have to go with Final Fantasy VII.  Alongside Pokemon Blue, this is the game that got me started with RPGs in general and JRPGs in specific.  You can't beat this game's aesthetic, sheer number of unique characters, villains, and while you can probably beat the story, most writers can't or won't.  The graphics have it where it counts, especially for such an early 3D game.  This is the game that I spent months in high school scripting a sequel to, finishing up just as a sequel in movie form was announced.

Jigsaw

ATV: Offroad Fury 2

Sure, no one knows about it, but it's the first video game I ever played, and because of that, I find it extremely enjoyable.

Ratchet and Clank

The whole series, even the lesser editions, is fantastic, but the one that started it all will always be in memory as the second video game I ever played. Difficult portions (such as collecting the currency in the game) and fun characters - a new-age classic, bar none.

Crash Dummie

Favorite of all time... trying to make such a decision makes my nose bleed.

The original Super Mario? Super Metroid? Punch-Out!!? Street Fighter 2 Turbo? Mega Man X? Zelda A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time? Wrestlemania 200? Fire Pro Returns? Shadow of Colossus? Binding of Isaac? Minecraft?

I find it hard to quantify the amount of fun I have with a game.

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 05:54:16 AM

Sure, no one knows about it, but it's the first video game I ever played, and because of that, I find it extremely enjoyable.

We all know about it, it CAME with the PS2. BOOMSHAKALAKA!

L-Face

I think I'm going to have to go with WWF No Mercy for the Nintendo 64. I spent many a summer day/night playing this with a group of friends and having an absolute blast, even in defeat. For the time, the graphics/sound/customization were the best around. The controls were easy to figure out. It was very much a pick up and play game and it still holds up to this day, in my opinion. It was/is easily one of the best, if not the best wrestling game of all time.

Jigsaw

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 06, 2013, 05:56:19 AM

Indeed, that's how I got it, but I'm assuming that was just for one edition of the PS2. Never hear it get the credit I feel it deserves, despite the fact it's a run-of-the-mill racing game. The soundtrack is great, though.

JasonzSon

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 06, 2013, 05:56:19 AM
Favorite of all time... trying to make such a decision makes my nose bleed.

The original Super Mario? Super Metroid? Punch-Out!!? Street Fighter 2 Turbo? Mega Man X? Zelda A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time? Wrestlemania 200? Fire Pro Returns? Shadow of Colossus? Binding of Isaac? Minecraft?

I find it hard to quantify the amount of fun I have with a game.

My rule with games is if you could pick only one game in the world to own, what would it be?

Interestingly, I can't say the same for movies, because I'd probably rather watch some of my favorite funny movies (generally not straight out comedies) than films that I genuinely consider to be my favorites, if I had to watch just one over and over.  My favorite films are generally ones that I want to watch once a year or so.

Giddins

metal gear soild. tekken 3. jumpman on the c64. i'll think of others

Jigsaw

Believe it or not, if I could only choose one, it'd be ATV. It's a fun game AND has music, so it has anything I'd need if I were, for instance, stuck on an island.

JasonzSon

Quote from: Giddins on February 06, 2013, 06:05:08 AM
metal gear soild. tekken 3. jumpman on the c64. i'll think of others
Tekken 3 is straight gangsta.  Tekken Tag is still my favorite fighting game.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 05:57:08 AMI think I'm going to have to go with WWF No Mercy for the Nintendo 64.
This was one of the first games I remember playing religiously. My nephew and I would make characters and play for hours. I even remember my character's name- The Undergrabber. [*laugh*]

As for my favorite game of all time... it's really hard since I've had tons of them over the years. No Mercy, Pokemon, Duke Nukem, Battlefront, Halo, WoW, Mortal Kombat, etc. Tons of different games from tons of different genres. And they all have nostalgia factors to them. Makes me wish I were a kid again sometimes.

I suppose if I had to choose, I would say Halo 2... simply based off of the late nights I would spend having fun with my friends. Good times.

Giddins

i remember chucky playing wrestlemania 2000 on the n64 so much.

Dorkus

Final Fantasy VII, though Skyrim is getting there for me.

Crash Dummie

That make me thinks; I recently got an old x-box and bought Morrowind. That shit is insanely deep, but I can't even kill a little crab yet.  [*no*]

Chucky

Giddins

you know you can get that on phones now.