Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Games you love that everyone else hates

Started by Crash Dummie, February 06, 2013, 04:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

Quote from: Giddins on February 06, 2013, 06:12:04 AM
Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 05:25:06 AM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about Katamari.

i play it around my friends and they just say "what the fuck is that?"
Most people say that about most things Japanese.

L-Face

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 06:14:57 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 06:13:34 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 05:48:41 AM
Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 05:48:02 AM
Final Fantasy X-2 is on PS2.

It's X-2 - it has to be good.

I wouldn't know - I don't know a thing about the Final Fantasy series.
Walk around, random fight. Stupid world destroying plot. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Seems to be something more, as it's so popular, but that summary works with me.
It's not. Really. That's all it is for 13 games (plus an MMO that Square Enix likes to pretend never existed.)

Jigsaw

JasonzSon

I direct you to my post in the "Favorite video game" thread.

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 06:20:25 AM
I direct you to my post in the "Favorite video game" thread.
Or you could direct me to the title of the thread and it'd be a chapter closed.

Anyways, I honestly can't think of a game I like that everyone else hates. I generally flock to games like Metal Gear Solid or the God of War series. Perhaps the Guitar Hero games? I dunno. :/

Crash Dummie

I remember you talking about a beat-em-up called "The Bouncer", which had mediocre reviews, but you said you adored it.

L-Face

I played it a short time after that and quickly realized how wrong I was.  [*laugh*] Though, another beat em up I loved that got "meh" reviews was Urban Reign. Kinda hard to not love a game where you can fight as Paul or Lee from Tekken inside a steal cage like facility against two other players. Especially when that game has a pretty heavy wrestling type influence with grapples and double team grapples.

Crash Dummie

I tend to be biased in favor of beat-em-ups. Streets of Rage is my religion; if you haven't played the remake, download it NOW. It's free, it has every levels, every characters, new stuff, tons of modes and it's AWESOME.

Another genre I tend to love despite mediocre titles is Survival Horror. I can't get enough of the PS1 and PS2 horror games.

L-Face

I had the SOR Remake before I did a HD restore a few months back. Now I'm unable to find it. Seems Sega put a cease and desist on it.

Jigsaw

Shame, I was going to inquire for a link, as I wouldn't mind downloading a free game.

Crash Dummie

It's not on Bombergames website anymore, but a little googling will do wonders. Look for version 5.

I had to do a LOT of googling to find a Mac version.

DrumrbaxJ

I don't know many people that loved Alan Wake. To be honest, I don't know many people that have even played Alan Wake at all. But it's fucking excellent. Nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned.

Crash Dummie

I love the hell out of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

It's a self concious RPG for beginners, with decent, streamlined gameplay, kick ass music and a plot that's much more fun and less stupid than any of the more recent Final Fantasies.

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 05:26:03 AMI don't know many people that loved Alan Wake. To be honest, I don't know many people that have even played Alan Wake at all. But it's fucking excellent. Nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned.
I've not played it myself, but I've seen an lp or two of it... I always thought it was hilarious how much of a prick Alan could be. [*laugh*]