Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

It (2017)

Started by Chucky, January 10, 2018, 11:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

I never thought it would be possible in this day and age for a movie to come along and get a perfect score from myself, especially since it's essentially a remake of an original that I hold near and dear to my heart, but this movie has managed to do it.

What did you think of this updated adaptation of Stephen King's IT?

Crash Dummie

Really good, but the annoying editing made it not very scary.

Jigsaw

Wrote a moderately lengthy review of this one.

Long story short, despite some drawbacks, I thought the kids did a great job, and I enjoyed many of the sequences with Pennywise.

Probably helps that I also had a good theater experience when I first saw this, so that didn't negatively impact my rewatch of it at all.

Overall a great film, and based on what I've seen, an easy top contender for 2017 and perhaps in the top five horror flicks 2010 and up.

Shadow

I was very pleasantly surprised by this movie. The trailer I thought was good, which gave me hopes, but I still had second thoughts. The kids essentially stole the show for me, particularly the kid that played Eddie.

My only real "gripe" was I thought the very ending was a bit hokey for all the buildup that was given throughout the entire movie previously.