Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Non-Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeraiLer

I think she and you both will love it. A cool flick for any age.

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 09, 2013, 03:55:06 PM
I think she and you both will love it. A cool flick for any age.

Excellent film. Funny too.

Akasha

Cashback (UK)

I thought this was a brilliant movie. Shorter than I expected, but leaving you with a message we all should hear once in our lives. (yes, cliche, I know) A young man who suffers from insomnia gets a job at an all day and night supermarket, where he (obviously) works the nightshifts. To pass the time quicker he develops his own way to freeze time and everyone around him, or so he thinks he does... But does he?

9/10

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: Akasha on February 11, 2013, 08:11:58 AM
Cashback (UK)

I thought this was a brilliant movie. Shorter than I expected, but leaving you with a message we all should hear once in our lives. (yes, cliche, I know) A young man who suffers from insomnia gets a job at an all day and night supermarket, where he (obviously) works the nightshifts. To pass the time quicker he develops his own way to freeze time and everyone around him, or so he thinks he does... But does he?

9/10

Did you find the other dude running around in freeze frame as pointless as I did? It developed nothing, added no tension to the plot. All it did was make him believe he could bring others in, right?

JasonzSon

The Mark of Zorro (1920).  It's a shame when I try my hardest to find flaws in an old film with the intention of laughing them off as a symptom of the times they were made, and I still find less flaws than I would in a movie made today.  Really, the biggest flaw in this film was that it was so talky, and that's a flaw only because it's a silent film, and extended dialogue scenes don't really agree with it.

Akasha

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 13, 2013, 06:46:44 PM

Did you find the other dude running around in freeze frame as pointless as I did? It developed nothing, added no tension to the plot. All it did was make him believe he could bring others in, right?

Not really pointless in my opinion. It just makes us question more, I think it's up to us to decide whether he was able to or not. That's the beauty of it.

gorefan1428

watched the rugrats movie with my son today 

don't make many quality cartoons for the little ones like this anymore it's all mind numbing spongebob and adventure time crap.

Crash Dummie

Don't you talk that way about Sponge Bob and Adventure Time!  [*angry*]

gorefan1428

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 20, 2013, 12:16:21 AM
Don't you talk that way about Sponge Bob and Adventure Time!  [*angry*]

sorry crash those are like the shit stains of cartoons

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 20, 2013, 05:12:54 AM
Which Rugrats movie?

first one

DeraiLer

A Good Day to Die hard

Not really as good as previous ones and the R rating didn't seem to matter much with the typical gunplay. The action was hit or miss. I enjoyed the chase through the streets of Moscow, very chaotic and the final battle but overall the story was just bare bones and didn't offer much at all. Would tack it with a 6/10 score. Not great, but not a total waste.

L-Face

From what I've heard, people are saying that it doesn't really feel like a Die Hard film. That it seems like the writers forgot what made John McClane appealing as a character and went the generic action hero route with him.

DeraiLer

L-Face

Usually they save things like that for the third in a series, but I guess they were waiting until now to say, "Fuck.....we've got nothing."

JasonzSon

Which is funny to me, because I never watched a Die Hard movie because I had the impression it was all action and no interesting story from what trailers I'd seen.