Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Non-Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

the avengers

everything  a super hero movie should be 10/10

JasonzSon

I've watched a few older movies that are ambiguous horror/non-horror (e.g., post-apocalyptic) but let's resurrect this with the last one I saw in theatres.

I still need to finish my article on this that I promised to get up over a week ago. Hopefully it's an interesting article.

Wonder Woman - One of the best superhero films I've seen in a while. It has its problems but they're all relatively minor and it's certainly the best DC film in decades. There's been too much hype around it for me to critically come up with a score but this may well be 9/10.

RoughCut

Triple 9 - Took me a while to get round to watching this one but glad I did. Pretty solid Thriller
Manchester by the Sea - Was pretty decent. Solid performance by Casey Affleck
Hacksaw Ridge - Surprisingly enjoyable. I know it's based on real events but seems so far fetched...

Crash Dummie

A Ghost Story.

Great movie about life, death, mourning and the passage/perception of time.

Jigsaw

The Negotiator (1998)

An all-around fun movie, with a little more thought behind it than a lot of other action flicks. Nice to see Jackson and Spacey play so well off each other. Story's engaging. David Morse (Green Mile), John Spencer (of The West Wing fame), and a younger Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) are all nice to see also.

Always enjoyed this movie, and probably always will. Solid flick.

Jigsaw

Watched two early this morning, both rewatches.

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)

Also known as Amélie, this quirky French movie, with drama, romance, and humor, has long been a favorite. In truth, I can't help but feel sad when it's over, as it was such a joyous ride. One of my favorite non-horror foreign films, I can't think of a single bad thing about the movie. An easy 10/10.

Along Came Polly (2004)

The only reason I watched this again was because Yes Man wasn't on Netflix.  [*laugh*] I've never been a Ben Stiller fan, and more to the point, this movie is just so average. I like the occasional romantic-comedy, but this was more comedic than romantic, and just didn't hit me the way other romantic comedies do. Just an average movie, and haven't really changed my view on it since I first saw it. 6.5/10.

Jigsaw

Watched Primal Fear (1996) for the first time.

Fantastic performance by both Gere and Edward Norton. Captivating story and engaging plot twists. Definitely a good crime flick.

Jigsaw

Both rewatches.

Witness (1985) - Not one of my favorite Ford movies, but I do like quite a bit about it. I do wish that the ending could have been better (I personally hate films where two people fall in love but don't actually end up with each other), but I really appreciate the look into the Amish people that this movie gives. Great performances from Danny Glover, Harrison Ford, and Kelly McGillis.

Philadelphia (1993) - I felt far more interested during the courtroom portions than I did the drama revolving AIDS. Obviously a very touching movie (the final scene did, in fact, leave me in tears), but I felt generally more invested with the legal aspect of things. Tom Hanks no doubt did good, but I think Denzel Washington definitely stole the show. Bradley Whitford and Jason Robards were both great too.

Jigsaw

Seven Days in May (1964) - Very interesting and enjoyable classic I've somehow missed up until now. Came recommended by my brother, and I liked quite a bit about it. Definitely a fun movie if you're into politics, though it might come across as a little preachy at times. Solid performances by Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, and Fredric March.

Jigsaw

The Sound of Music (1965)

Not my favorite musical, but this is a movie I very much enjoy. Definitely find Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer's performances here pretty solid.

Chucky

Quote from: Jigsaw on May 27, 2020, 05:43:50 AM
The Sound of Music (1965)

Any musical not named 'Grease 2' is not worth watching.  [*hehehmm*]

Jigsaw

Jigsaw

Air Force One (1997)

Might be pro-American propaganda, but it's a movie I've consistently found fun since a kid. Love Harrison Ford here, along with some Gary Oldman (who has quite the sympathetic character here) and William H. Macy. Quality action and fun for all.

Chucky

Do you love Harrison enough to wanna bang him?  [*hibaby*]

If not, this may tip you over the edge...