Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Last one I saw was Train to Busan... not normally into Asian horror- but I liked it!

And they're making a second one, too! [*deal*]

Jigsaw

Never seen Train to Busan (or the related, animated Seoul Station), but pretty much heard only great things about it.

gorefan1428

Deathgasim

A bloody death medal infused fun ride of a horror film well more of a horror/comedy.
This was a great watch some of the most off the wall brutal gore iv seen in a while with a metal score that works well in this horror romp that has a metal garage band open the gates of hell  with its music
a little over the top on the humor side at times but overall a great film worth the watch

8/10

gorefan1428

watched a few over my last couple days off

Halloween  (1978) re watched this classic 10/10 needs no explanation

The mutilator 1984 aka fall break
really wanted to like this one it had some good points  and some decent gore but overall fell flat
it had a score that tried to mix in some up beat music that just didnt work, had a very slow start  and some glaring plot holes and wtf moments that just couldn't be overlooked    4/10

slumber party massacre (1982)
This one i was really surprised with how well it ended up i really enjoyed this one
I think it showcased the  killers patters and motives well , the pacing was top notch with the kills piling in right away. not a wide variety of kill styles but it fit.
was it perfect no but its up there  it went  from the style of cutting away from the kills to showing the full on gorey goodness which annoyed me a little, it has massacre in the title come on.  There were also some minor plot holes and wtf moments
overall a very good movie that falls a little short of great 8.5/10

SteelWoolSheep

Saw Noroi: The Curse a few days ago. Great. J-horror found-footage (mockumentary style, not shakey cam). Mercifully short on jump scares but with some real standout creepy parts. A little on the long side.

It's on Shudder, would highly recommend.

Jigsaw

Quote from: gorefan1428 on July 09, 2020, 09:14:23 AM
The mutilator 1984 aka fall break
really wanted to like this one it had some good points  and some decent gore but overall fell flat
it had a score that tried to mix in some up beat music that just didnt work, had a very slow start  and some glaring plot holes and wtf moments that just couldn't be overlooked    4/10

I wouldn't have rated it quite this low, but I do agree that the one time I saw that movie, it sort of missed the mark. I didn't think it was terrible, but I was definitely expecting more from an 80's slasher of somewhat higher notice.

gorefan1428

Tenebrae
    A nice horror slasher/murder mystery in that classic argento style
does get off to a slow start and does drag at times but overall pretty good and worth the watch.  7/10
side note am a huge fan of argentos filming style

gorefan1428

killer clowns from outer space   

cheese at its finest

Jigsaw

Dark Haul (2014)

Also know under the title of Monster Truck, this sucked. Like, a lot. I mean, it was awful. A fantasy-horror mix, it wasn't a good time.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Jigsaw on January 05, 2021, 05:59:38 AM
Dark Haul (2014)

Also know under the title of Monster Truck, this sucked. Like, a lot. I mean, it was awful. A fantasy-horror mix, it wasn't a good time.

you ever seen monster man jiggy ?

a guilty pleasure horror/comedy i enjoy.

Phantasm for me

Chucky

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 08, 2021, 05:19:42 PM
you ever seen monster man jiggy ?

a guilty pleasure horror/comedy i enjoy.

Yeah, we seen it... here we are.  [*winkgrin*]

Jigsaw

Yeah, Monster Man is an odd one. I have strong nostalgic value for the movie, but at the same time, seeing it nowadays, I can't get past some of the sillier comedy.

gorefan1428

nice review that i agree with
id put it in that 3/4 star range quite enjoyable film

gorefan1428

went to watch this for a date night 
interesting enough for a one time watch a bit slow and heavy with the jump scares

Jigsaw

Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla (1952)

Believe it or not, this was, as the kidz say, #fuckingterrible.