Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Quote from: L-Face on February 13, 2013, 02:46:42 AM
Child's Play

One of the movie channels played the first three movies back to back this weekend, but I had to step out after the first, so I missed the other two. Otherwise Child's Play 3 would have been the last one I've seen.

Anyways, it'd been a while since I saw this one. Probably since I was 13, so a good 11 years. I forgot just how annoying the kid that played Andy was (granted, he was a lot more tolerable in CP 2.) Aside from that, I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Brad Dourif was able to do something that seems impossible to do. Make a murderous doll actually scary. If anyone else had voiced Chucky, I don't think they could have pulled it off. Something about his voice makes it work.

The kills, while somewhat basic (aside from the voodoo kill, which is still pretty badass) were effective and the characters were likeable for the most part. Overall, it's not my favorite horror movie, but I enjoy it enough to recommend it.

7/10

The greatest part about it is the WTF moments at the end...

SPOILERS
Like when he gets burnt to shit... then he comes back looking like a toasted marshmallow (very cool) and then he gets shot to shit, in pieces... then he manages to come back with only one arm and one leg and choke a bitch, haha. He just keeps coming back like the T-800 at the end of the Terminator.

Crash Dummie

That's the ONE part where Chucky is truly scary.

JasonzSon

I've decided to change my score for Nosferatu from a 7 to an 8.  Simply on terms of enjoyment, I've penalized it too much for its age and weaknesses.

DeraiLer

I recently saw a movie called All About Evil (2010) about a girl who owns an old theater and films real kills and shows them to the audience who think the kills are staged. It all leads up to a few bodies piling up and some gore but overall something about it just doesn't give it much of an impact. I ended up feeling like it was easily forgettable and nothing more. Might give it a 5 for some nice moments.

L-Face

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 15, 2013, 09:52:14 AM
I recently saw a movie called All About Evil (2010) about a girl who owns an old theater and films real kills and shows them to the audience who think the kills are staged. It all leads up to a few bodies piling up and some gore but overall something about it just doesn't give it much of an impact. I ended up feeling like it was easily forgettable and nothing more. Might give it a 5 for some nice moments.
Kinda sounds like 8MM without the drama.

DeraiLer

Childs Play 2. Finally after all this time I have seen this.

Was good.

Daebo

I re-watched I Saw The Devil. Awesome Action Horror.

Dorkus

Prom Night 2 (it had some kind of subtitle but I forget).

Weird flick. Though I haven't seen the original and was in and out of sleep so that contributed to the weirdness. Anyone seen this?

Midian Fiend

Wrong turn 5, guess I didn't really watch it because I turned it off half way through or fell into a coma...who can really be sure. Either way don't bother. I liked the first wrong turn movie, the rest sucked and I knew that 5 wouldn't be any better. Lesson learned.

L-Face

Considering everything after the first has gone straight to DVD, pretty much a given that they'd suck. Though, that's not to say that there haven't been some pretty decent Direct to DVD movies. Dead & Breakfast, for example. Love that movie.

Daebo

JasonzSon

I rewatched The Cabinet of Dr Caligari yesterday.  I actually came to a different interpretation of events (which IMDb agrees with) than I did the first time I watched it.

Midian Fiend

American Mary, which was pretty good. Katharine Isabelle should be in more horror movies...I would be gay with her for sure. The movie was great fun, although I think they could have pushed the extreme body modification much further and made people into utter true freaks of nature. Like real life barbie and the twins, those ones were on the right track.

Sick boy: Long boring build up to the end of movie where the action starts. Featuring unattractive plain girl and abusive plain boyfriend that need money so she gets a creepy gig babysitting. Blah, blah, blah. Went to bed when it started to get interesting, will ask husband how it went. My guess is the kid got bitten by the same tropical monkey in "brain dead" is now a zombie and everyone dies.

JasonzSon

A couple of friends and I watched 2005's Call of Cthulhu.  It's a fun flick, and tries to be faithful to the 20's style.  Only problem is, there's really nobody around who can pull off the stop motion they needed, and despite an effort it's pretty clear that this was filmed with modern cameras, which hurts some of the effects shots.