Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What's the Last Horror Movie You Watched?

Started by L-Face, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

Since we're bringing back old/popular threads, I figured I'd necro this one. Would be nice to see your thoughts on these and maybe a rating rather than just listing the title of the movie.

Last horror movie I watched was Silence of the Lambs. Really, I kind of feel bad. I loved this movie when I was younger, now I think it's simply "meh." Don't get me wrong, Anthony Hopkins is fantastic as Hannibal Lecter and I do enjoy the Buffalo Bill character. But everything else is just.....it hasn't held up with time in my eyes. As I was watching it, I couldn't help but nitpick at it. Whether it be from certain performances (Jodie Foster) or the amateur-ish cinematography, I really don't enjoy this movie anymore.

If I had to give it a rating, I'm afraid it would have to be a 5/10, Average at best.

Chucky

Just finished watching an Australian flick called Redd Inc., starring Nicholas Hope (Bad Boy Bubby).

Not bad, 6/10 would be my rating. Not the kind of movie you re-visit but was interesting enough to watch through. While the twist near the end is by far from original and to some people would be easy to predict, it worked well enough... at least for me, since I tend to not think ahead when watching films.

Should also mention that Tom Savini had some involvement with this one.

Jigsaw

Last one I watched was The Cradle Will Fall (1983).

Actually, I've seen eight movies recently, but I don't want to start another shitstorm about "OMG You can't list more than one movie in the last horror movie you've seen thread - if you've seen more than one, then you're shit out of luck." I'd have already started my own thread, but I don't want people to think I think I deserve a special treatment.

Onto the film itself, it was an odd one. Plot was simple: A doctor is performing experiments on women, and through research, a lawyer finds out about it. There's more to it, but that's the basics. Anyhow, apparently this film is a supplement to the now-defunct soap opera Guiding Light (which I recall watching when I was younger), as some characters from the show appear in the background (same actors/actresses and all). At leas that's how I understand it. It's not a bad film, though it is made-for-television, so it's a bit on the lower end of quality. The last 20 minutes or so were pretty thrilling though, I admit. Overall, though, pretty average. 6.5/10.

Crash Dummie

I believe the last one I saw was Paranormal Activity 3.

I liked it. The twist at the end actually works, the implications for what is happening let us believe that a much worse evil might be inflicted upon the world... it made up for the slow pacing.

Not perfect, but not bad. I heard part 4 throws that out the windows and blows chunks however.

JasonzSon

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM
Since we're bringing back old/popular threads, I figured I'd necro this one.

Last horror movie I watched was Silence of the Lambs. Really, I kind of feel bad. I loved this movie when I was younger, now I think it's simply "meh." Don't get me wrong, Anthony Hopkins is fantastic as Hannibal Lecter and I do enjoy the Buffalo Bill character. But everything else is just.....it hasn't held up with time in my eyes. As I was watching it, I couldn't help but nitpick at it. Whether it be from certain performances (Jodie Foster) or the amateur-ish cinematography, I really don't enjoy this movie anymore.

If I had to give it a rating, I'm afraid it would have to be a 5/10, Average at best.
I watched the film version once, it was barely memorable.  I argue it's because it's hard to adapt my favorite novel of all time into a memorable film.

Last horror film I watched would be Silent Night, Deadly Night.  Great film; classic.

HorrorMovieFan

The last horror movie i seen was Halloween(1978)

Jigsaw

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 04:20:04 AM
Last horror film I watched would be Silent Night, Deadly Night.  Great film; classic.

Still haven't seen that. [*no*]

JasonzSon

Dude, it sat on my shelf for four years for absolutely no reason.  Go out and watch it first chance you get and if you like slashers in any form, you'll love it.

Jigsaw

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 06:05:35 AM
Dude, it sat on my shelf for four years for absolutely no reason.  Go out and watch it first chance you get and if you like slashers in any form, you'll love it.

Oh, I'm sure I'll love it, just haven't gotten to it yet. Probably one of the few really popular 80's horror movies I haven't seen yet.

gorefan1428

A nightmare on elm street for me.
[/quote]
I watched the film version once, it was barely memorable.  I argue it's because it's hard to adapt my favorite novel of all time into a memorable film.

[/quote]

it is a great horror movie, just don't make em like this anymore.

Have you ever watched the prowler?  a great film that most seem to have not seen

Jigsaw

Most self-proclaimed horror fans haven't seen The Prowler?

They're what's wrong with the world. [*no*]

L-Face

Just because someone hasn't seen a certain film doesn't make them any less of a fan. Part of being a fan is learning things and getting films recommended to them. Hell, without this site, I wouldn't have seen as many horror films as I have.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 01:11:08 PM
They're what's wrong with the world. [*no*]
Hunger, poverty and war have nothing on me not seeing this movie!

DeraiLer

Some Australian shitfest called 6 Plots. No effective suspense, kills were all dry and offscreen and even the ending was uneventful. Skip at all costs.

Will give it a 2 as at least it wasn't shaky cam tripe.

L-Face

Well, if it were shaky cam, I doubt you would have known the ending was uneventful.  [*deal*]