Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Stranger Things

Started by Shadow, November 02, 2017, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Well now that season two has come and gone- has anyone had a chance to watch it? What'd you all think?

I was finally able to finish it off yesterday. I'd say they did a really good job once again... at least on par with the first season. And apparently they're for sure going to do a third season that will ideally culminate in a season four or five series finale. Good news all around, in my opinion. [*yes*]

Chucky

I've actually never seen a single episode yet. I've been meaning to check it out but I dunno... just never found myself in the right mood. I'll check it out someday soon.

Jigsaw

Like Chucky, I've not seen this.

I've never been as interested in horror series as I am movies. I've never seen a single episode of The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, or multiple other popular television shows.

That said, I do like what I've seen of the aesthetic of the show, so given that fact, and the fact I have NetFlix, I may give it a go at some point.

Chucky

Ha, exactly like me. I find it very difficult to get into these series that have long 45+ min episodes as I too have a huge preference towards movies over television. Aside from watching a few bits and pieces, I've never really watched American Horror Story, Walking Dead or any of that stuff.

Shadow

The series is really good up to this point, I think. The cast has done a very good job and the make-up/effects are really good all things considering. It's one of those shows on Netflix that if you start watching it you may just end up binging on it all without realizing.

I really like(d?) TWD but as the seasons have gone on I've kind of been burned out on it a bit- group gets together, things go relatively smoothly, end of the season comes around and someone/group comes around and screws up paradise, everyone gets split up/killed, rinse and repeat ad nauseam since Season 1. I can only take so much of the same stuff before I get tired.

American Horror Story goes it is more hit than miss, I'd say. Some seasons are pretty good while others are mediocre. I admittedly haven't seen the past two seasons or so. But I have always liked how each season they change the premise and characters around completely. It's almost the exact opposite of TWD, in that regard.

JasonzSon

I've heard a lot of good things; I'll probably check this out after finals next month.