Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Walking Dead

Started by L-Face, February 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

one thing that i enjoy about this show is that none of the characters are off limits from being removed except maybe rick, which i feel  later on he will even be killed off at some point.  Cant think of another show where iv seen so many of the main cast taken out so quickly.

Shadow

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 06, 2013, 02:08:54 PMone thing that i enjoy about this show is that none of the characters are off limits from being removed except maybe rick, which i feel  later on he will even be killed off at some point.  Cant think of another show where iv seen so many of the main cast taken out so quickly.
It does make it a lot more interesting. But it's a bit of a double edge sword too, though, because what will happen when they kill off all of the main people? Most of them are gone already... granted, most of them before didn't have too large of a back story.

L-Face

Thing about that is, the writers introduce new characters all the time and somehow make us give a shit about them when we've known people like Rick, Glenn, and Daryl for a while. If they keep up the solid writing, I think whatever choices they make will be just fine. Especially if it's killing off Andrea.  [*deal*]

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 02:00:14 AMEspecially if it's killing off Andrea.  [*deal*]
Funny thing is I bet they could actually make her a likable character if they tried, seemed like they were going to go that route every now and again, then dropped it. But I couldn't agree more.

L-Face

They have tried making her likeable, only for her to do something that puts her right back on my shit list which leads me to believe she's supposed to be hated.

DrumrbaxJ

Good god. When I saw Carl burst into that room with a pistol of his own taking zombie names, I was fucking over the moon. The kid is now more bad ass than I ever will be. And I am fucking stoked on it. He's a fucking man, no longer a child. When Rick's away and he's all "Dude. Protect the group. Put them in the cage. Protect the group. I'm a badass. My balls are bigger than your head" I get giddy.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 05:54:07 AM
Good god. When I saw Carl burst into that room with a pistol of his own taking zombie names, I was fucking over the moon. The kid is now more bad ass than I ever will be. And I am fucking stoked on it. He's a fucking man, no longer a child. When Rick's away and he's all "Dude. Protect the group. Put them in the cage. Protect the group. I'm a badass. My balls are bigger than your head" I get giddy.

I think in a few seasons or so Rick will die and Carl will take over. He will be the new group leader

L-Face

I doubt it. For as much as Carl has grown into his own, he's not nearly ready to lead a group.

Shadow

Carl definitely started to grow on me more after they got off the farm. And especially after his whole sister... situation.

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 05:57:05 AM
I doubt it. For as much as Carl has grown into his own, he's not nearly ready to lead a group.
Yeah, far too young still. I think he'd barely be turning 13 now, or something? Taking over the group... I'd imagine something like that would happen many years down the road. And who knows if the show will still be on by then. But if that were the case he'd definitely be a contender.

gorefan1428

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 05:57:05 AM

didn't mean in the near future maybe ,three four seasons down the road when the show starts to get stale and needs something new and fresh as most do.

He will have plenty of time to grow and develop within that time frame. He is already displaying leadership characteristics as dumber pointed out in his post.

DrumrbaxJ

... we expect this to go for another three to four seasons? Really?

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 06:50:00 AM... we expect this to go for another three to four seasons? Really?
You can never tell with anything anymore. Hollywood will take popular movies/shows, milk them for all they're worth, then plow them into the ground. Granted, I'm using Hollywood as a blanket statement for producers and such, but you get my drift.

L-Face

As long as the comic is going and is popular and as long as this show remains a ratings juggernaut like it's been for the past two seasons, then it's possible for it to go on for a while.

gorefan1428

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 06:50:00 AM
... we expect this to go for another three to four seasons? Really?

without a doubt

DrumrbaxJ

It's going to turn to shit. =(