Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Happy 4th!

Started by Shadow, July 05, 2017, 04:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Jigsaw

Don't care much for the holiday (given that I'm a far-leftist, thank you very much), but I'm rather intoxicated for the moment, so I hope that your day and Holiday has gone pleasantly.

Shadow

Quote from: Jigsaw on July 05, 2017, 11:59:56 AMDon't care much for the holiday (given that I'm a far-leftist, thank you very much)
You know, I've never understood this sentiment... even less so than the over patriotic crazies. You live in one of the best, safest, and most prosperous countries on the planet- it's the perfect chance to put politics aside and celebrate with everyone.

Quote from: Chucky on July 06, 2017, 04:43:52 AMHaha, wtf?  [*laugh*]
That's freedom, bae.

JasonzSon

I think the "far left" designation includes anti-nationalism: it only counts if it's global. Which makes some sense. Celebrating "I'm more prosperous than people who weren't born here" does at least feel like a right-wing thing to do.

Shadow

Oh I'm aware I just never understood the sentiment. I just don't see why it has to be "I'm better than you," or "Screw patriotism," but more "It's a good thing I'm not in a shithole country."

Quite frankly the same could be said for many other countries, as well. But this is one of the few where I can put up red, white, and blue text while shit-talking a Brit. Maybe the French, I guess. [*hehehmm*]

Dorkus