Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Movies You Would Have Liked to See

Started by JasonzSon, June 20, 2017, 01:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

I come up with these ideas all the time, but never enough for a serious article. This thread is for posting movies you would have liked to see, why you'd have liked to see it, and responding to others' lists.

David Cronenberg's Venom (Spider-Man franchise) - I can think of nobody I'd like to see dealing with a story about an alien parasite that possesses people, changes their bodies and their personalities, and moves them 1-2 steps toward being a slasher villain. A body horror-focused R-rated Venom would be just the kick in the ass the Spider-Man franchise so definitely needs.

Wes Craven's Carnage (Spider-Man franchise) - When I think of what I'd want to see from a Carnage movie, I think of the blood geyser scene from A Nightmare on Elm Street. Craven's done a variety of horror staples over the years, and I think a movie about slasher villain Cletus Kassidy turned shape-shifting monster would be right up his alley.

Ridley Scott's Planet of the Apes - The well-known film is an enjoyable take on this story, but I think so much more could be done with it. Ridley Scott is well-known for "send a group of spacers on a deep-space trip, they come across unexpected terrors, and mayhem ensues" and would be able to make a film that's both true to the original novel and also completely different from the 1968 version.

Chucky

Even though I'm not a huge Spiderman fan, I always liked the look of Venom and Carnage from comics and trading cards that I had as a kid. Would like to see them in movies but I prefer minimal CGI in movies and I fear with blockbuster movies these days that they're going to CGI the shit out of these characters. I guess we'll see soon with Venom (Tom Hardy).

Those directors you chose would have probably made a film with them that I would like. Shame we'll never see those.

WickedVixen

Sweet sixteen. Looks like it could possibly be a pretty decent movie. Any info on where to find it before I try and buy it?