Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Happy Death Day

Started by RoughCut, June 20, 2017, 08:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughCut

Anyone caught the trailer for this one yet? I looovvvee the idea and look of this.

Shadow

Horror Edge of Tomorrow?

I liked that movie, this one looks like it could be fun. [*laugh*]

Chucky

Quote from: RoughCut on June 20, 2017, 08:38:02 AM
Anyone caught the trailer for this one yet? I looovvvee the idea and look of this.

The killer from Valentine put on some weight, I see.  [*hehehmm*]

Jokes aside, it looks alright. I see potential in it.

RoughCut

Yeah, very Edge of Tomorrow..

Ahh haha.. Fat Valentine Killer!!!  [*laugh*]

OccasionalCthulhu

Based on the trailer alone, it seems like she gets entirely too comfortable with having to face her death over and over again. I mean, I get that you would probably get used to the same events over and over but is it really believable that you would get used to the pain and terror of repeatedly dying in horrible ways? I know it's a silly horror movie but that kind of a disconnect really puts me off.

Chucky

Could just be the way the trailer is put together that makes it look that way. I guess we'll know soon enough...

RoughCut

Sometimes I like a silly movie.

Ok, for the first few times, sure she'd be scared but when she starts to know it's coming no matter what she does?! I dunno. Time will tell..

Shadow

Quote from: OccasionalCthulhu on June 22, 2017, 03:02:27 PMBased on the trailer alone, it seems like she gets entirely too comfortable with having to face her death over and over again. I mean, I get that you would probably get used to the same events over and over but is it really believable that you would get used to the pain and terror of repeatedly dying in horrible ways? I know it's a silly horror movie but that kind of a disconnect really puts me off.
I can only imagine that after you get killed who knows how many times that you would eventually have to accept it and run with the "perks." After all, it's not like you'd be able to escape it- you'd have to come to grips with it eventually.

Chucky

Just came back from this one. Pretty meh.

Shadow

I hadn't realized that it was already out- still on my list of things to watch. Complete aside but I saw The Foreigner, though. I like that one quite a bit. [*yes*]