Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

It

Started by Jigsaw, March 31, 2017, 11:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Obviously, the new re-adaptation of It is coming out this September.

I'm sure most of you have seen the trailer.

Anyone has any opinions on this one way or another?

I know the board's more or less inactive, but this seemed a good topic nonetheless.

Chucky

I've been hyped for it well before the trailer dropped. The 1990 mini-series is my favourite behind Child's Play. I'm not against remakes, so that allows me to have a positive expectation for it.

[*thumbsup*]

Jigsaw

I like the 1990 mini-series for nostalgia, but it really drops the ball in comparison with the novel, leaving quite a bit out.

Obviously, the cast of the 1990 version mostly did a great job, and this cast of children looks moderately soulless in comparison (though the trailer we have didn't focus on the children, I know).

The jump scare at the end of the trailer made me cringe a bit, but hopefully that's just marketing. I'm pretty excited for this, and will certainly see it in theaters come September.

Shadow

I'll give it a shot... the trailers so far have seemed like there's some decent production behind it. Plus grey water can be pretty scary. [*uhoh*]

Chucky

Quote from: Shadow on May 10, 2017, 01:32:06 PM
Plus grey water can be pretty scary. [*uhoh*]

I bet DeraiLer's piss and shit is in that somewhere.

RoughCut

Sorry to revive an old thread but had to comment on this. I'm terrified of clowns but can't wait for this. The mini-series scared me as a child but doesn't have the same impact now. This new one looks like it's gonna tick all the boxes. Like the idea that it'll focus on when they're kids. Just hope it does well enough to get a sequel about their adult years...

OccasionalCthulhu

As has been said in the thread already, nothing can touch the 90's It in terms of nostalgia and whatnot (Plus Tim Curry is the fucking man). The trailers for this new one are extremely promising though. The production value looks phenomenal and Pennywise's design looks a lot more sinister. I don't want to get my expectations too high but I'm looking forward to it quite a bit.

Jigsaw

I very rarely go to the theaters, especially for horror flicks, but I plan on seeing this shortly after it comes out.

I just finished re-reading the book, which will only disappointment me more, most likely, but I'm still excited to see this one.

Chucky

I'll be taking the day off work for it. I think Australia is getting it about 24-48 hours earlier than the US as long as the release dates don't change.

#winning  [*browwink*]

Shadow

I'll probably be able to convince some friends to go along and watch this. Should be fun since a few of them are sissies.

Dorkus

I've gotta admit it looks impressive.

Jigsaw

Just got back from It.

While there were some somewhat big flaws in my view (mostly due to lack of backstory and additional padding), I thought it was decently well-done.

Chucky

I really enjoyed IT. I think both the original and this new adaptation can be loved for different reasons.

Shadow

I still need to get off my ass and see it.

But the same can be said for Kingsman II, Bladerunner, and American Made as well. Too many ones I'm interested all at around the same time.

Chucky

Saw Blade Runner yesterday... did not care for it. Too many unnecessary scenes, should have been shortened by an hour. Quite a convoluted movie. Not impressed.

But back on the topic of IT, I have already seen it twice and might even go a third time. I think it's that good.