Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Soundwave Festival 2013

Started by Chucky, February 05, 2013, 05:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Gonna be there, even though there are some bigger names this year, I thought there was a lot more bands that I personally enjoyed last year.

Anyhoo, here's the lineup: http://www.soundwavefestival.com/lineup

Wanna check out Vision of Disorder

and Sick Of It All

I guess I enjoy the smaller groups than the larger ones. And lolm Chris Jericho will be there with his band Fozzy.

gorefan1428

This is the kind of band i enjoy, enough screaming and loud music to be heavy without the over the top can't understand what the hell the words are screaming of death metal.

Chucky

Yeah, must be a coincidence though that VOD is from the 90's and Sick Of It All goes all the way back to the mid-late 80's. I do prefer to know what the hell people are yelling or screaming about in songs... too many bands these days just burping out stuff.

gorefan1428

i get very frustrated when i find a few songs from  a band i like only to discover that the rest of their stuff is screaming babel i cant understand.

case in point cradle of filth

DrumrbaxJ

Soundwave is too fucking overpriced this year. And I still can't figure out how the RNA showgrounds can sell out. Like, what the fuck? It's bigger than a small town.

Chucky

While the price did jump up by about $25-30. I think when you consider that a regular gig that consists of 2-4 bands on one night is usually around $40-80 on most nights, and for marquee names costing $100+, I think paying $190 (roughly) for an event which spans over 50+ bands is still good. Plus I do enjoy that the smaller groups have nice, intimate sets due to everyone going to watch Slipknot, or Metallica or whichever big names are taking up most of the patrons attention.

Dillinger Escape Plan was playing around the same time as Slipknot last year so they didn't have a huge crowd, had a lot of fun during their set. Especially since Greg was throwing shit into the crowd, even the mic stands because he was having trouble with the PA, as seen here:

DrumrbaxJ

I went a few years ago and it was a good $50 - $60 cheaper, if not more. And I almost never go to shows upwards of $40 anymore. I've seen some of the most incredible bands performing and touring the world today for less than $40.

Chucky

Well, it's essentially less than $40 for bands that aren't HUGE names which are touring nationally or fairly unknown international bands. Then you've got quite well-known international acts and BIG name bands touring nationally around that $40-80 price. Then you have those household names who are touring at $100+ per ticket.

I agree, I much prefer the cheaper more intimate gigs.

DrumrbaxJ

Nickelback. Take a guess at starting prices. Go on.

Chucky

I wouldn't have a clue but I'm assuming at the $100+ mark since they're a household name.

Funny thing I should mention by the way... the last time they toured Oz, apparently some guy fell off a fence (which he was allegedly climbing over to sneak into the concert) and hurt himself quite bad. The guy that runs Soundwave joked about it saying that he wasn't trying to sneak into the concert, he heard Nickelback playing in the background and tried to kill himself.  [*laugh*]

Least I thought it was funny.  [*uhoh*]

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on February 06, 2013, 12:53:39 AM
I wouldn't have a clue but I'm assuming at the $100+ mark since they're a household name.

Funny thing I should mention by the way... the last time they toured Oz, apparently some guy fell off a fence (which he was allegedly climbing over to sneak into the concert) and hurt himself quite bad. The guy that runs Soundwave joked about it saying that he wasn't trying to sneak into the concert, he heard Nickelback playing in the background and tried to kill himself.  [*laugh*]

Least I thought it was funny.  [*uhoh*]

I'm more or less a fan of Nickelback (I like the occasional song), and I found that deeply amusing.

Chucky

w00t, timetable for Brisbane released:

DrumrbaxJ

Nickelback at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre started at $300.

Chucky

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 01:07:29 AM
Nickelback at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre started at $300.

The world is a fucked up place.