Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Started by JasonzSon, February 05, 2013, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I've only seen one episode of Adventure Time, but can understand the appeal... unlike the damn ponies. I've planned on giving it more of a watch but constantly forget due to watching other things in my off time.

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 04:04:03 AMDude, Animaniacs?  Which was designed to be, if anything a modern version of Looney Tunes and introduced some of the most memorable cartoons of its era?  You shall be the first one destroyed when Brain takes over the world!
Animaniacs is easily one of the best, if not the best, cartoons of my childhood. I don't really see how they're a knock off of Ren and Stimpy, though...

Crash Dummie

I've seen one episode of the Ponies. It's a good show, especially for kids... but the phenomenon around it is a little baffling.

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 06, 2013, 04:51:26 AMI've seen one episode of the Ponies. It's a good show, especially for kids... but the phenomenon around it is a little baffling.
Exactly. You get these morons who are straight up obsessed with the show, to the point of ridiculousness. I mean, if someone wants to like a show... whatever, fine. But for groups of people to fanatically follow a show like that is beyond stupidity.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 05:02:54 AM
Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 06, 2013, 04:51:26 AMI've seen one episode of the Ponies. It's a good show, especially for kids... but the phenomenon around it is a little baffling.
Exactly. You get these morons who are straight up obsessed with the show, to the point of ridiculousness. I mean, if someone wants to like a show... whatever, fine. But for groups of people to fanatically follow a show like that is beyond stupidity.
I know, right?

*kicks his Walking Dead and Batman the Animated Series paraphernalia under his bed.*

Absolutely silly.

Crash Dummie

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 05:29:05 AMI know, right?

*kicks his Walking Dead and Batman the Animated Series paraphernalia under his bed.*

Absolutely silly.
Ehhh... we're really big fans of the show, but I wouldn't call us obsessed. Some people are absolutely insane over the damn ponies.

Akasha

Whenever I heard the Animaniacs song I thought there was a part where they said: We put bologna in our cracks...

[*no*]

Shadow

JasonzSon

You know, come to think of it, every time I tried to remember the song, that's what I thought of as well.

Dorkus

Quote from: Akasha on February 06, 2013, 07:45:32 AM
Whenever I heard the Animaniacs song I thought there was a part where they said: We put bologna in our cracks...

[*no*]

Possibly intentional, the show was famous for getting dirty jokes just under the radar.

DrumrbaxJ

I might have to download some Animaniacs.
But My Little Pony and bronies are the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last few years. It is downright creepy that this show has more midtwenties men watching it than it does little girls. What the fuck, man?!

L-Face

Ignore them and they'll go away eventually.

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 05:46:33 AMBut My Little Pony and bronies are the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last few years. It is downright creepy that this show has more midtwenties men watching it than it does little girls. What the fuck, man?!
Mid twenties? The creepier ones are the mid thirties and over. And maybe it's just me, but every pic I've seen of those people, they look like the archtypical basement dwelling turbo virgins that wouldn't know what a life was if it curb stomped them.

Crash Dummie

Turbo Virgins.  [*laugh*]

I once watched a video of a conference with internet animators Egoraptor and Hot Diggedy Demon. HDD gives the Ponies a "Happy Tree Friends" treatments, and the "Bronies" love it.

That was the most autistic group of people I've ever seen gathered in a single room. Everything they said or did was cringe worthy, and HDD was a complete dick to them. It was grandiose.

L-Face

I don't know what you said, but it sounds like I should hate it. I think I will.  [*angry*]