Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Started by JasonzSon, February 05, 2013, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 06:43:20 AM
Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 06:40:59 AM
This from someone who was just shitting on Firefly.
And that has to do with Teen Titans how?
It has to do with your taste in television.  That, and they're the same genre, essentially.

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 06:44:22 AM
It has to do with your taste in television.  That, and they're the same genre, essentially.
Considering that this is a thread about cartoons and not live action television, and aside from one being solely a sci-fi show and the other occasionally having elements of sci-fi, I'm inclined to disagree with you.

DrumrbaxJ

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 06:39:04 AM
Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 06:33:02 AM
Who's the pig?
That's a character named "Professor Pyg"

Who the fuck is Professor Pyg? How is this the first time I've ever heard of him? I spent a week reading about Batman's rogue gallery. How do I not know him and yet he's on the cover poster picture thing?

DrumrbaxJ

And why is Alfred dual wielding?
And why is there a chick ninja?
And who let Rango off his set?
And is that Cat Woman or Black Cat? Because last I heard, Black Cat was Spiderman's.

Dorkus

That looks like a post sex change Nightwing to me.

DrumrbaxJ

L-Face

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 06:52:27 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 06:39:04 AM
Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 06:33:02 AM
Who's the pig?
That's a character named "Professor Pyg"

Who the fuck is Professor Pyg? How is this the first time I've ever heard of him? I spent a week reading about Batman's rogue gallery. How do I not know him and yet he's on the cover poster picture thing?
He came around when Grant Morrison started writing for Batman. Instead of using popular villains, he tried creating new ones that never caught on. Mostly because Morrison is a terrible writer. At the time of the DC Nation being announced along with Beware the Batman, I think Morrison was still writing and DC was still pre-New 52.

The idea with Beware the Batman from what I remember is to use those newer villains in place of people like the Joker. Also, instead of having Robin, Nightwing, or Batgirl as his sidekick, Batman will be joined by a little Asian girl named "Katana." Oh, and Alfred will be dual wielding guns.

DrumrbaxJ

These are the same people that thought a reboot of the entire DC universe was a good idea, right?

L-Face

I believe so. Their reasoning for Beware the Batman is that people were bitching about the campiness of Brave and the Bold. The people wanted a darker Batman cartoon like TAS. So this is what DC is giving those people.

Dorkus

Those people are my enemies. Campy Batman is great Batman.

L-Face

Campy Batman played by Adam West is great. Campy Batman played by Deidrich Bader? Not so much.

JasonzSon

Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 06:50:10 AM
Considering that this is a thread about cartoons and not live action television, and aside from one being solely a sci-fi show and the other occasionally having elements of sci-fi, I'm inclined to disagree with you.
They're both action/comedy/drama shows based on an ensemble cast.  They both take place in Sci-Fi settings and include non Sci-Fi locations, though I wasn't counting that.

DrumrbaxJ

Dude. Brave and Bold is fucking hilarious. The Uncle Sam episode was just loaded with it. The alien red menace? Gold.

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 07, 2013, 08:59:21 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 07, 2013, 06:50:10 AM
They're both action/comedy/drama shows based on an ensemble cast.  They both take place in Sci-Fi settings and include non Sci-Fi locations, though I wasn't counting that.
Definitely wouldn't say Teen Titans had an ensemble cast. Nor would I say it was a a drama. Definitely wouldn't say it was a comedy, but humor is subjective. Sci-Fi settings? Didn't know San Francisco (where Titans Tower is, if I'm not mistaken) was a Sci-Fi Setting.