to rate and discuss movies with us.
MOVIE DATABASE
CHARACTERS
ARTICLES
FORUMS
SUPPORT
CONTACT US
Current forum time: September 25, 2018, 05:03:00 AM

Author Topic: Saturday Morning Cartoons  (Read 5700 times)

Re: Saturday Morning Cartoons
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 04:44:51 AM »
I've only seen one episode of Adventure Time, but can understand the appeal... unlike the damn ponies. I've planned on giving it more of a watch but constantly forget due to watching other things in my off time.

Dude, Animaniacs?  Which was designed to be, if anything a modern version of Looney Tunes and introduced some of the most memorable cartoons of its era?  You shall be the first one destroyed when Brain takes over the world!
Animaniacs is easily one of the best, if not the best, cartoons of my childhood. I don't really see how they're a knock off of Ren and Stimpy, though...

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 04:51:26 AM »
I've seen one episode of the Ponies. It's a good show, especially for kids... but the phenomenon around it is a little baffling.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 05:02:54 AM »
I've seen one episode of the Ponies. It's a good show, especially for kids... but the phenomenon around it is a little baffling.

Exactly. You get these morons who are straight up obsessed with the show, to the point of ridiculousness. I mean, if someone wants to like a show... whatever, fine. But for groups of people to fanatically follow a show like that is beyond stupidity.

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »

Exactly. You get these morons who are straight up obsessed with the show, to the point of ridiculousness. I mean, if someone wants to like a show... whatever, fine. But for groups of people to fanatically follow a show like that is beyond stupidity.
I know, right?

*kicks his Walking Dead and Batman the Animated Series paraphernalia under his bed.*

Absolutely silly.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 05:38:53 AM »
Hulk... smash...  [*uhoh*]

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 05:50:43 AM »
I know, right?

*kicks his Walking Dead and Batman the Animated Series paraphernalia under his bed.*

Absolutely silly.

Ehhh... we're really big fans of the show, but I wouldn't call us obsessed. Some people are absolutely insane over the damn ponies.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
Whenever I heard the Animaniacs song I thought there was a part where they said: We put bologna in our cracks...

[*no*]

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:41 AM »
Close enough, actually.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 09:02:04 AM »
You know, come to think of it, every time I tried to remember the song, that's what I thought of as well.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »
Whenever I heard the Animaniacs song I thought there was a part where they said: We put bologna in our cracks...

[*no*]

Possibly intentional, the show was famous for getting dirty jokes just under the radar.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 05:46:33 AM »
I might have to download some Animaniacs.
But My Little Pony and bronies are the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last few years. It is downright creepy that this show has more midtwenties men watching it than it does little girls. What the fuck, man?!

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 05:50:29 AM »
Ignore them and they'll go away eventually.

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 06:01:25 AM »
But My Little Pony and bronies are the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last few years. It is downright creepy that this show has more midtwenties men watching it than it does little girls. What the fuck, man?!

Mid twenties? The creepier ones are the mid thirties and over. And maybe it's just me, but every pic I've seen of those people, they look like the archtypical basement dwelling turbo virgins that wouldn't know what a life was if it curb stomped them.

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 06:06:13 AM »
Turbo Virgins.  [*laugh*]

I once watched a video of a conference with internet animators Egoraptor and Hot Diggedy Demon. HDD gives the Ponies a "Happy Tree Friends" treatments, and the "Bronies" love it.

That was the most autistic group of people I've ever seen gathered in a single room. Everything they said or did was cringe worthy, and HDD was a complete dick to them. It was grandiose.

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »
I don't know what you said, but it sounds like I should hate it. I think I will.  [*angry*]

Join Our Communities

This site contains language and images which may not be suitable for persons under the age of 18
All promotional art & images used on this site are copyrighted by their respective owners