Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Upcoming JJ Abrams Films

Started by JasonzSon, February 05, 2013, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

My only problem with Whedon is that for some reason towards the end of everything he's ever made he just starts randomly putting people to the chopping block for no reason. Other than that I have no real issues with him.

L-Face

Quote from: JasonzSon on February 06, 2013, 04:36:34 AM
I'd take a sequel to Serenity or Avengers over most of the Sci-Fi films made in the past decade.
There's a reason Firefly got cancelled (it sucked balls.) As for Avengers, it was a decent comedy film. Nothing more.

JasonzSon

Actually, Firefly was canceled because it wasn't promoted and was aired in random order so that it made absolutely no sense if you watched it on TV.  Once it hit DVD it got extremely popular.

L-Face

Crash Dummie

I wish Christina Hendricks would suck mine.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 05:25:12 AMThere's a reason Firefly got cancelled (it sucked balls.)
Whoa whoa whoa now... let's not get too hasty. Fox simply fucked Firefly hardcore.

Jigsaw

Indeed, I've never watched Firefly, but I know that it's almost considered a new age cult classic.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 05:42:43 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 05:25:12 AMThere's a reason Firefly got cancelled (it sucked balls.)
Whoa whoa whoa now... let's not get too hasty. Fox simply fucked Firefly hardcore.
It's an opinion, bud. I'm not a fan of Joss or anything he's done. Though, I won't argue that Fox has been shady in their dealings. After all, they did the same thing with a few other shows.

Anyways, back to JJ Abrams. Dude's pretty solid from what I heard. There was a guy with cancer that was a huge fan of Star Trek. Wanted to see JJ Abrams new film, but didn't have that much time left. JJ caught wind of it and showed the dude everything that was shot and edited together up until that point. Dude had a blast and was able to die happy.

JasonzSon

I just think Abrams is one of those directors who is a fan of something, but doesn't really get why it was popular.  I know tons of Sci-Fi people who still refuse to consider his movie to be a Star Trek movie, and it has nothing to do with the continuity- it's because it just doesn't get the point of what makes people love the show.

L-Face

Generally, fans of something think they can do it better than the people that do end up making things. The people bitching about what he did with Star Trek easily fall into that same category. He attempted to make a Star Trek film that was faithful to the source material, but could also be a leaping on point for people not familiar with it. Quite a few people I've heard talk about it have said he did a great job in accomplishing that.

JasonzSon

We'll see how the sequel turns out then.

L-Face

I'll probably wait a few years before seeing it, so more people will be able to judge how well it is before I do. Even then, if the movie has a Rifftrax commentary, it increases the chances of me seeing the film sooner than intended.

DrumrbaxJ

What about his tv shows though?

L-Face

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 07, 2013, 06:18:25 AMWhat about his tv shows though?
Only show I saw him involved in was Lost... I didn't stick around through that show much longer after they opened that hatch on the island. Got sick and tired of all the unanswered questions and getting strung along for no reason.