Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

Started by Dorkus, February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorkus

Shadow

Actually, you just reminded me that Raw is on tonight. Will be the first time I bother watching any wrestling stuff since the last time I watched a ppv with De and L.

Wonder what changes I've missed out on. I've already heard of a handful.

Dorkus

How long has it been since you've watched? The WWE aren't too bad lately, though I say that because of Team Hell No and The Shield, mostly.

Shadow

Last thing I remember was Punk gunning pretty close for a one-year title hold. I think I remember hearing from someone that he got it?

Dorkus

Yeah, he went over a year. He just lost at the Royal Rumble to The Rock. Probally going to be Rock/Cena 2 for the title at Mania.

Giddins

anyone here still watch tna? i catch it every now and then. but it's not what it used to be.

Chucky

None of them are what they 'used to be'. [*no*]

Giddins

wwe have times where it looks promising. when they let hayman/cm punk and the rock have a bit of fun.

gorefan1428

I fear that the golden age of wrestling much like the golden age of horror has past by.

sure there may be a glimpse of hope here and there but it will never be like it once was.

Wrestling will never be like it was during the Monday night wars

Shadow

Quote from: Giddins on February 05, 2013, 01:22:52 PMtna?
They still exist? [*uhoh*]

Quote from: gorefan1428 on February 05, 2013, 01:59:37 PM
I fear that the golden age of wrestling much like the golden age of horror has past by.
Agreed. The way things were is being forced out by this new retarded ADD generation.

DrumrbaxJ

Giddins

the rock is wwe champ. and everytime he cuts a promo it feels like attitude era wwe

L-Face

Quote from: Giddins on February 05, 2013, 03:45:31 PM
the rock is wwe champ. and everytime he cuts a promo it feels like attitude era wwe
It really doesn't. Reminds me why I never liked him in the first place.

Also, stopped watching WWE again after the Royal Rumble. So yeah, back to watching Indy Wrestling I go-go.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Dorkus on February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM
I got to make it. YES! YES! YES!
NO! NO! NO! I WANTED TO MAKE IT! I AM THE TAG T...

Ok, that's not funny anymore. I enjoy most of WWE these days, but the 3 hours RAW has so much fucking filler. I like the thrill of watching something live, but this show benefits from a little fast forwarding.

Punk and Daniel Bryan are the best things in all wrestling today. The transition from an anti-hero to a self obsessed dick was *cough*shockingly*cough* easy and natural, especially with Heyman sucking up to him.

gotta say it's weird seeing Jericho getting cheered against him, as a year before, he was smashing his head with Jack bottles, pouring alcohol on him and calling his family degenerate addicted losers. But hey, it's wrestling; if it happened more than three months ago, we're not supposed to remember it.

DrumrbaxJ

I still feel weird seeing CM Punk using straight edge as his gimmick.